Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something different to do craftwise?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something different to do craftwise?

Daft question I know but I'm getting fed up with the stuff I'm doing. I'm mainly doing cross stitch still, did the chalking with the stencils. I haven't done any stamping for ages but I'm not sure about the stamp pads as I haven't used them for some time. Don't really want to do stamping though because I'm no good at colouring in. I like knitting but haven't really got anything to knit that would be useful for anyone. Love knitting the old fashioned baby stuff but nowhere for it to go.

My hands are playing up a bit at the moment, sounds daft but I have trouble getting scissors on my fingers lol. I found a load of decoupage sheets that need to be cut out but don't think I'll manage that very easily.

The only thing I thought I might do is some of the stitch cards I like but are there any other suggestions please nothing rude lol.
    Last edited by Waterlily; 12-08-2021 at 10:45 PM.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I do loads of prick and stitch cards for the fluffit/woofit shop, usually 60 or so. Must have spent a small fortune over the years on designs, mostly from Stitching Cards and Form-a-lines.

My problem is finding the time to do everything I want to do. I have loads of embroidery, mostly Rowandean, but also stuff from various other companies, including Jane Greenoff of course.

Have you tried Gina B's buttons? I have a couple of kits, but haven't got around to trying them out yet. There is always crochet, or even tatting. I struggled with normal tatting, needle tatting is much easier. Quilling perhaps? Origami? Iris folding?

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I do loads of prick and stitch cards for the fluffit/woofit shop, usually 60 or so. Must have spent a small fortune over the years on designs, mostly from Stitching Cards and Form-a-lines.

My problem is finding the time to do everything I want to do. I have loads of embroidery, mostly Rowandean, but also stuff from various other companies, including Jane Greenoff of course.

Have you tried Gina B's buttons? I have a couple of kits, but haven't got around to trying them out yet. There is always crochet, or even tatting. I struggled with normal tatting, needle tatting is much easier.

Quilling perhaps? Origami, iris folding, parchment, patchwork???

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Are you on Facebook WL? There’s a group on there called Warm Baby Project. They started off knitting/crocheting clothes for still born/pre-K babies but they now send stuff abroad for children who don’t have clothes. They’re always posting appeals for garments or blankets.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Knitting blankets kept me sane during lockdown, because I could make a square in an evening. They came in handy as well because it was chilly teaching on Zoom once the central heating went off, so my lower half was wrapped in cosy blankets. It is a good way to use up odds and ends of wool and using different patterns keeps it interesting. Deramores have some good free patterns to download.
    I'm now back to knitting sweaters as Christmas presents, but the blankets made an interesting and useful break.
    I've also enjoyed making felt ornaments ready for Christmas. Embroidering them in the style of Corrinne Lapierre has made an interesting change from cross stitch.
    How about redwork designs as another change from cross stitch? With only back stitch to worry about I find it very relaxing.
    Have a look on Pinterest - I often see things which get my mojo going again. Good luck!!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The craft store appear to be doing lots of different craft along shows at 9pm every evening. The idea is that you purchase a kit at fairly low cost and for 3 weeks in a row follow the presenter and create something new. If you already have some supplies you could follow along anyway without buying the kits. They had crochet today. I think there is proggy tomorrow, knitted hat on Saturday, embroidery on Monday, watercolour on Tuesday, bagmaking on Wednesday. I know that these are intended for beginners, but at least they are doing something different
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post

Have you tried Gina B's buttons? I have a couple of kits, but haven't got around to trying them out yet. There is always crochet, or even tatting. I struggled with normal tatting, needle tatting is much easier. Quilling perhaps? Origami? Iris folding?

Roz
    I think I've got ths stuff for quilling, origami and iris folding but can't remember how to do them lol. I don't know what tatting is so I'll have a look.

Got plenty of the form-a-lines stuff too, I do enjoy doing that.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    Knitting blankets kept me sane during lockdown, because I could make a square in an evening. They came in handy as well because it was chilly teaching on Zoom once the central heating went off, so my lower half was wrapped in cosy blankets. It is a good way to use up odds and ends of wool and using different patterns keeps it interesting. Deramores have some good free patterns to download.
    I'm now back to knitting sweaters as Christmas presents, but the blankets made an interesting and useful break.
    I've also enjoyed making felt ornaments ready for Christmas. Embroidering them in the style of Corrinne Lapierre has made an interesting change from cross stitch.
    How about redwork designs as another change from cross stitch? With only back stitch to worry about I find it very relaxing.
    Have a look on Pinterest - I often see things which get my mojo going again. Good luck!!
    You've just reminded me that I have a load of squares to sew together. Must admit I quite enjoyed doing the squares both crochet and knit.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I am on Facebook Pamela but don't go there anymore tried to leave but couldn't lol.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter signed me up to Facebook years ago
    Only used it to connect with cousins
    It got hacked and I got more the family photos
    I tried for ages to close the account and set up a new one
    Kept getting errors wrong password confirm who you are
    but nothing worked Facebook did mange to clear all my photos though
    So its just a black account
    Last edited by Little Jan; 13-08-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13: