Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something different to do craftwise?

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm making a crochet blanket at the moment for Sheryll to donate to the dementia unit at the Northern General in Sheffield and old peoples homes. I'm averaging one a day, x10 rounds in double knitting. I then crochet them together as it is much quicker and neater than sewing them. She isn't accepting much in the way of baby items as most of the places that wanted them have no accepted anything since all this Covid thing started.

She was sending some stuff abroad, but the cost of postage, even to the Republic of Ireland is prohibitive. We do make pencil cases and a few other bits and bobs that go overseas, but the charity she sends them to pay the cost of sending them to their final destination.

We now make goodies for a variety of other charities. I haven't made any yet, but there is a roaring trade in twiddle muffs and bags/purses. She is always looking out for baby dolls to dress as well. I keep checking in the fluffit/woofit shop, but haven't seen any yet.

Roz
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I found the boxes with the quilling origami and iris folding in. Not too keen on doing the origami or quilling but did like the iris folding - will have to see if I've got any cards that are suitable - must have some somewhere.

Still waiting for hubby to mend the drawers with the cards in - it's not very easy to find what I want at the moment as they are piled on top of one another and are quite heavy.

I had a look at the Gina B's buttons and do like them but think they might be a bit fiddly for my fingers
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    I had a look at the Gina B's buttons and do like them but think they might be a bit fiddly for my fingers
    That is what I found this morning while trying to do the Turkey work bit (quite a lot in fact) on my snowman. Who had the stupid idea to buy it I wonder! Would probably find it easier if I used my floor frame instead of trying to hold it in my hand. The trouble is the floor frame is not where it needs to be as I can't use it with my nice comfy chair, but only in my craft room. As craft room is where I am doing my prick and stitch at the moment, either snowman will have to wait, or I will have to carry on as I am.

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Found some Diamond Painting sets yesterday and started to finish one of those last night while watching the tele.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooo yes, forgotten the diamond painting. I have several kits bought over the years, including a nutcracker men one that Christine gave me for my birthday. I wonder if I will have time to make it before Christmas 2021. ;)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

What is diamond painting
    Sounds expensive to me

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing I love is Lego lol. I was lucky enough to have all my son's sets. Hubby bought me two big sets for C........ one was a Lamborghini which is finished and sitting on a coffee table in the living room and the other is a Bugatti still to be done. He also bought me a couple of smaller sets when Aldi or Lidl had them on offer both still to be done. Usually do the Lego on winter nights.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

You can also find it on eBay and Amazon Jan, comes under various names. Craft Buddy flog it on C&C. It can be very addictive. ;) I bought several kits from Amazon to use as part of my birthday prezzies to the ladies in the knitting group. I think the price must have been wrong when I bought them because the next time I looked they had increased by 50%. Still good value compared to single kits though. Not that I really needed anymore, I just fancied buying a pack for myself.

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Not buying anymore craft for a while
    been doing a lot of work in the garden clearing stuff up
    Ordered a new large stone bird bath and some shrubs and a couple of structures for jasmine and honeysuckle to climb up
    When we moved here there was a very heavy wooden seated arbour at the back of the garden
    You could not sit in it as it was surrounded buy fruit trees so you got attacked by wasps and bugs
    My neighbour helped hubby move it to a better place took them hours as it was so heavy
    It’s now on a concrete base ready for repainting
    Hoping to get a quote on a new patio as ours is cracking up
    So money for craft is on hold for a while.
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13: