Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been having a play with my new machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Been having a play with my new machine.

I'm really impressed - it does so many different stitches - tried them all I think. It's not classed as an embroidery machine though, it doesn't do anything very big and you can only use one colour at a time unless you use different colours in the bobbin and the reel. I think if the machine is set right you would get one colour one side and another on the other side. On the sample I got the two different colours were mixed up a bit on each side. Must admit I quite liked the look of that but the lady on youtube said it shouldn't be like that lol!
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    I'm really impressed - it does so many different stitches - tried them all I think. It's not classed as an embroidery machine though, it doesn't do anything very big and you can only use one colour at a time unless you use different colours in the bobbin and the reel. I think if the machine is set right you would get one colour one side and another on the other side. On the sample I got the two different colours were mixed up a bit on each side. Must admit I quite liked the look of that but the lady on youtube said it shouldn't be like that lol!
    What machine have you got Pam
    Hubby bought me a new sewing machine for Christmas the year before last
    It does some embroidery stitches several overlocking stitches stretch stitch and other I can’t remember
    You can set it to auto so no peddle so you just guide the fabric
    Or you can use the peddle which I prefer I also love the fact you can set the speed
    I’ve invested in loads of extra feet I got one that automatically turns the fabric to sew a very narrow hem
    I also have a brother Disney embroidery machine that I got years ago
    It’s come out of moth balls as Daughter had me embroidery names on little cloth goody bags for Granddaughters Birthday party last year which was only a few months before lockdown
    Really must use it more
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

It's a Necchi NM 2000 Jan, I've never heard of the make before but apparently they've been making sewing machines for years and years. It does loads and loads of stitches I think it's at least two lots of 99 maybe more including the alphabet in upper case and lower case. Hubby was impressed when I showed him his name and mine sewn on it lol.

I've got an embroidery machine too - not the Disney one not sure of the make it might be Brother or Husq don't know how to spell it lol but you probably know which make I mean. I've also got an overlocker. Will have to get them out and have a look at them again.

It came with 5 or 6 feet.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Wow sounds fantastic
    Mine only does 70 assorted stitches but I only wanted it for basic sewing
    I have to alter most of my clothing as being under 5 foot tall even petite clothing is too long
    and hips are always in the wrong place lol
    Oldest granddaughter has a long slim body so daughter has to go up in age for length
    It’s daft how short they make girls clothing, most of the clothing for her age is well above the knee
    So no room for growth but they tend to be much bigger in the body so I have to take them in
    Skirts are the worst as even the adjustable waists are too big
    So I have my work cut out for the next week
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Been upstairs to my craftroom to have another go on the machine and while I was up there thought I'd have a look at my other machines and my mind 'said you didn't look before you leapt' lol. My normal machine is the Husqvarna it doesn't do as many stiches as the new one but does quite a few and my embroidery machine is the Brother. I was quite surprised when I looked in the box how many patterns it does.

I'm huffing and puffing now as I had to move quite a lot of heavy stuff to get to them. Hubby hasn't mended the chest of drawers yet (no problem as I said it was okay to do it in the winter when the gardening was not so busy)but the drawers were all stacked in front of where I wanted to get lol. They are heavy as they are stacked with blank cards and envelopes.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Been upstairs to my craftroom to have another go on the machine and while I was up there thought I'd have a look at my other machines and my mind 'said you didn't look before you leapt' lol. My normal machine is the Husqvarna it doesn't do as many stiches as the new one but does quite a few and my embroidery machine is the Brother. I was quite surprised when I looked in the box how many patterns it does.

I'm huffing and puffing now as I had to move quite a lot of heavy stuff to get to them. Hubby hasn't mended the chest of drawers yet (no problem as I said it was okay to do it in the winter when the gardening was not so busy)but the drawers were all stacked in front of where I wanted to get lol. They are heavy as they are stacked with blank cards and envelopes.

Lol Pam
    I have visions of all these boxes of craft stuff
    I bet they make C&C warehouse look empty
    I wish I had the space we had in the last house I could make as much mess as I liked in my room and just shut the door behind me but I usually put stuff away unless I’m finishing a project
    Now it is a pain getting hubby to get up and move his chair so I can take out boxes and carry them to the little conservatory
    every time I take something out he sits down again and I have to wait for him to get up
    Thing is he doesn’t do anything in his study except look up stuff on the internet or do some paper work for jis fishing club ,which he could do on his iPad in the lounge
    I asked him if I could go in as I have lots of cards to make his reply was I’m busy
    He is currently in the study fast asleep on his office chair lol
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Typical man that is Jan.

When we moved to the bungalow I insisted it had to have two bedrooms so I could have one for my craft stuff. As it is it is still taking over other parts of the place. Loads of knitting wool in the bedroom, plus a chest of drawers filled with embroidery stuff. Loads of stuff in the cupboard next to the fireplace in the sitting room, or lounge if that is what you prefer calling it. Since having to part with the cupboard on the other side for the gas boiler, I have bags of 'stuff' next to my chair. Ho hum I obviously need a much larger bungalow, and I need it erm, like yesterday, if it is all the same to everybody else. :)

Roz
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very lucky and have quite a big craft room but stuff still makes it's way to the lounge. I've got about 5 bags of 'wool' big dustbin bags full of it and I found some more 'wool' in the bedroom next to my craft room.

I haven't got many boxes of stuff Jan well in fact I don't think I've got any apart from a few bits and pieces that came in nice boxes lol.

I'm trying to sort out my knitting machines now Hubby found a carriage for it in his workshop - it's a bit dusty and he oiled it so the dust has really stuck in thick wads. Cleaned as much as I could but it still looks a bit of a mess. Had a look to see if I could get a new one and they are around £25 so not too bad. I was really surprised as the machine is very old. I was trying to think where we lived when I bought it but can't remember. The other machine is the ribber.

I also had another one somewhere to knit thicker wool but don't know where it is. I thought it might be in hubby's workshop but couldn't see it there. I might be in the other garages, he's going to have a look later or tomorrow for me.

I'm really dying to have a go on the knitting machines lol!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

My dad bought me a knitting machine long before I met my hubby so must 45 years ago
    It cost more to make things then to buy
    and it was a right faff tying to work out the patten instructions to make my size
    And there were not many styles to choose from
    I ended up selling it as I could buy more items for less then it cost me to make one lol
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very lucky and have quite a big craft room but stuff still makes it's way to the lounge. I've got about 5 bags of 'wool' big dustbin bags full of it and I found some more 'wool' in the bedroom next to my craft room.

I haven't got many boxes of stuff Jan well in fact I don't think I've got any apart from a few bits and pieces that came in nice boxes lol.

I'm trying to sort out my knitting machines now Hubby found a carriage for it in his workshop - it's a bit dusty and he oiled it so the dust has really stuck in thick wads. Cleaned as much as I could but it still looks a bit of a mess. Had a look to see if I could get a new one and they are around £25 so not too bad. I was really surprised as the machine is very old. I was trying to think where we lived when I bought it but can't remember. The other machine is the ribber.

I also had another one somewhere to knit thicker wool but don't know where it is. I thought it might be in hubby's workshop but couldn't see it there. I might be in the other garages, he's going to have a look later or tomorrow for me.

I'm really dying to have a go on the knitting machines lol!
    Glad you are enjoying yourself with all your machines
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post