Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Been having a play with my new machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Thanks very much Dax, I can see now how to open it but just can't do it.lol. One side won't move out of the slot much. It might be me being awkward I do struggle a bit with my arms and hands. I tried to lever the bits apart but thought I don't want to break anything. Will get hubby to have a look. It's trying to slide it out equally that's the problem to me.
    Waterlily is sounds like the edge of the lid is caught on the metal prongs where it won't lift off. One or more might be bent or the very edge of the metal lid is dented where the metal is rolled under to give a clean edge you can't cut your fingers on.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

There probably were clubs, even the local college, but she couldn't be bothered. Basically she wanted one, bought it, and that was it.

She kept going on about buying an overlocker, but as she seldom used her sewing machine, I doubt she would have bothered using an overlocker either. She would have probably expected me to show her how to use it had she bought one. It is something that has never been on my want list. I have used my sewing machine to do a zigzag around the linen and evenweave I use for cross stitching, but unless I have a load to do I don't tend to drag the machine out especially.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I would love an overlocker
    But they are a bit too expensive for me
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    I would love an overlocker
    But they are a bit too expensive for me
    I think Aldi also have an over locker at the moment. It is also a Necchi and they are selling it for £150.
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/search?text=o...r&category=ALL

I have also seen other makes over the years on their site. Seem to remember a SInger, but I may be mistaken.
    I have been tempted in the past but dont do enough sewing at the moment to justify spending that kind of money. Having said that it doesnt stop me from drooling over new sewing or embroidery machines ...
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    Having said that it doesnt stop me from drooling over new sewing or embroidery machines ...
    Whereas I drool over embroidery threads and all the other bits and bobs to use with 'em. I could quite happily buy every thread and Mill Hill kit there is. Everything on the Rowandean website, ditto Lorna Bateman's website, plus various other websites.

Roz
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Well We've looked everywhere for my other knitting machine and can't find it anywhere. Looked in hubbiies workshop, the garages, the littls shed, the summer house even the green house!!!. plus everywhere indoors, we don't have a loft. I just can't think where it could be. I'm absolutely sure I haven't got rid of it. Hubby is going to have another look in the garages and his workshop but we've both had a good look in there before.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

It will probably turn up when you aren't looking for it love, or when it is hungry as my mother used to say. ;)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Hubby managed to get the knitting machine apart lol. I'm sure I had the instruction book a few days ago but can't find it now. (That's what having a sort out does for me lol!)

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Hubby managed to get the knitting machine apart lol. I'm sure I had the instruction book a few days ago but can't find it now. (That's what having a sort out does for me lol!)
    That is what most of us say. Have a sort out and can't find anything. In my case it is usually a case of wondering if I have sent it to the fluffit/woofit shop. Did that with a book on Shetland lace way back when. It wasn't the fluffit/woofit shop in those days, more likely Age Concern. I hadn't intended to part with that particular book either, so was somewhat mortified when I couldn't find it with my other books. I ended up replacing it at three times the cost via eBay, an ex libris copy from Wales. Just shows Shetland lace is known in far flung places in Wales. I think the same person must have renewed it on a regular basis, in immaculate condition too.

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Hubby got my overlocker out of the garage, I've never used it! It's still got the sample of what it does under the foot lol. Must have been in there for 15 years lol. He also found a small brown box with some knitting machine extras in, I'm sure they are for the one we can't find - too chunky for the Toyota one.
    I love flowers