Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Certain standards of presentation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Certain standards of presentation

When I first started to watch crafting tv some years ago there were certain standards that were upheld down from the tv executives with regard to presenters and demonstrators.
    Does this not happen any more?
    Could not help but notice one demonstrator tonight who has dark tattoos from wrists up both arms and whilst I have family members with the odd tattoo so not against people having them,I am finding watching the moving arms from the overhead camera during the demonstration is making me feel decidedly nauseous.
    No need to say - you can turn the TV off - I did change the channel!
    Not an enjoyable programme for me at all.
    Does anyone else feel the same?
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I don’t like the tattoos either so I don’t watch that show any more. Horrible!

Post Thanks / Like

Tattoos are a major turn off for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely love tats, especially the tribal ones. In fact it's one thing on my bucket list. I don't like it when people have full body coverage, but sleeves etc., are fine. Of course it does depend on how good the artist is - some tats are rubbish, so research is everything. My niece has a beautiful tat of a tiger surrounded by foliage, that travels from her hip, up her side and onto her back/shoulder - really good work and great colours.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid that I hate them too. No matter how 'arty', I just think they look horrible and tacky.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that if someone wants to do that to themselves they have every right. But I also think it is terribly un-professional to display them when working with the public. Simply wear a long-sleeved top.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

People have the right to do what they wish to their body, but I find them unpleasant as well. Might be memories of elderly naval men in the ex-servicemen's club when I was a child who had anchors etc on their arms and I hated them then.
    When we were on holiday there was an attractive girl with a beautiful climbing rose tattooed up her leg. It did look good, but all I could think was 'What will it look like when you are old and wrinkly?', thinking back to the elderly men in my childhood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    I believe that if someone wants to do that to themselves they have every right. But I also think it is terribly un-professional to display them when working with the public. Simply wear a long-sleeved top.
    So agree with you. And I believe that was the case back along that they had to be covered up. Wish they’d bring that discipline back!

Post Thanks / Like

I do appreciate that people are entitled to do what they want to there own bodies, but the irony is that most tattoos are seen by others and not the person who has the tattoo.
    I dont like tattoos at all but then I dont like long fingernails and find that equally distracting and off putting. I would much rather watch someone demonstrating with inky fingers than with over manicured nails which prevent the person from being able to pick anything up without it looking awkward.
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine had tattoos on her legs and on her upper arm before it was fashionable for women
    She had them done abroad when she 30 Pretty vines with roses
    She is 65 now and wishes she never had them done
    As obviously her skin is not smooth and taute anymore
    So her rambling roses look a bit withered now lol

My daughter went to school with twin boys
    They were very handsome
    One had tattoos on top of his arms across the top of his shoulders and on one side of his face
    At the time the tattooist told him it was a temporary ink
    It has faded over 14 years but they did loose him his chance of the job he wanted as the look was inappropriate
    He wishes he had left the face as his skin on his face looks so old from all the things he used to try fade then
    His twin is doing the job his brother wanted and still has the baby face skin he had at 18

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13: