Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Certain standards of presentation

Post Thanks / Like

When my mother was approaching 70, my daughters asked her how she was going to celebrate. My mother laughingly said that she might get a tattoo (I think that Helen Mirren or someone like that had got just got one at the time). Well my girls were appalled and said that they would disown her if she did such a thing. Their friends wouldn't dream of getting them either so it's not just an older person dislike. My mother was only joking, but she really got the girls worked up!!
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind tattoos in general, but dislike those particular tattoos because of the way they spill down onto her hands and look dirty. And I really hate the talons!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    When I first started to watch crafting tv some years ago there were certain standards that were upheld down from the tv executives with regard to presenters and demonstrators.
    Does this not happen any more?
    Could not help but notice one demonstrator tonight who has dark tattoos from wrists up both arms and whilst I have family members with the odd tattoo so not against people having them,I am finding watching the moving arms from the overhead camera during the demonstration is making me feel decidedly nauseous.
    No need to say - you can turn the TV off - I did change the channel!
    Not an enjoyable programme for me at all.
    Does anyone else feel the same?
    I wondered to whom you were referring and so had a quick look at the schedule. I now know!

I've mentioned her nails before but this particular guest has morphed from being a very attractive woman to, well I honestly don't know how to phrase it. False nails, false ..., false .... and now the tattoos on top of it all. Why?
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I assumed one of the brand demonstraters had temporary henna tattoos, maybe from a wedding or hen do, areally struggle to understand why anyone would have those on a permanent basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I assumed one of the brand demonstraters had temporary henna tattoos, maybe from a wedding or hen do, areally struggle to understand why anyone would have those on a permanent basis.
    Don’t think they are temporary as she has had them quite some time - although they seem to be growing!
    Good to read that it’s not just me that has difficulty looking at them - hence no purchase from me - as not wanting to watch the demonstrations!

Post Thanks / Like

Being a type 1 diabetic I have to have two injections a day plus blood tests every so often (not the finger prick ones) and I can't watch injections on the telly either - have to close my eyes lol. How daft is that!!!

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Being a type 1 diabetic I have to have two injections a day plus blood tests every so often (not the finger prick ones) and I can't watch injections on the telly either - have to close my eyes lol. How daft is that!!!

I shivered and shed a tear when I read this. Ouchies.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Hahaha, you are obviously crazy, so please feel free to join the crazy gang. ;)

I used to hate the finger prick tests, had to have them every time I went to give blood. I swear they were worse than parting with a unit of the stuff. It is the same with paper cuts, they sting far more than major surgery!

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I admit I don't like tattoos, but it is a personal choice. What I DO hate is long nails. They really make me me squeamish for some reason. And when the demonstrators can't pick things up because their nails are to long, it really annoys me. That is why I love Leonie and her chipped, short, ink stained nails!

Post Thanks / Like

I was watching a demonstration today and the close-ups showed that while the guest had beautiful false nails, her own underneath looked distinctly grubby. Yuk. Very much a turn-off.