Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Certain standards of presentation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    Does anyone else feel the same?

No.

What does irritate me about demonstrators is when they act like crafting is as serious as open heart surgery, with all their rules and 'correct' ways to do things and when they constantly say things like 'does that make sense'. Also, those who act like they've invented a cure for covid, just because they've used an old make up brush to put some ink on a piece of card (for example). Recordings swiftly get deleted when those types appear!
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    No.

What does irritate me about demonstrators is when they act like crafting is as serious as open heart surgery, with all their rules and 'correct' ways to do things and when they constantly say things like 'does that make sense'. Also, those who act like they've invented a cure for covid, just because they've used an old make up brush to put some ink on a piece of card (for example). Recordings swiftly get deleted when those types appear!
    Meeee tooooo, I do things my own way, too bad if it is wrong. So long as it works for me, then it is fine.

I used make up brushes for ages as I couldn't afford to buy anything fancy. Not that they were old ones as I don't wear make up. I usually bought 'em mega cheap from the market. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I havent seen the tattooed demonstrator, i dont think. Dyan Reavely has lots of tattoos and I know that they are very personal to her and hold a lot of emotional significance.

I watched something today where the demonstrator had very long, very shiny nails and couldn't pick things up properly. I do find it annoying and preferred the days when they could only have clear nail varnish or a French polish. (Is that what it's called or is that furniture? I mean where the base of the nail is pale pink and the tip is white.)
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Close love, it is called a French manicure, but French polish is close enough, especially if you do it on the dining room table! ;)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    Close love, it is called a French manicure, but French polish is close enough, especially if you do it on the dining room table! ;)

Roz
    Thank you! I did think French polish was for furniture but I was stuck on the idea of nail polish and couldn't think what else it could be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Thank you! I did think French polish was for furniture but I was stuck on the idea of nail polish and couldn't think what else it could be.
    We knew what you meant chuck. ;)

Roz