Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Stephanie Weightman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    Except when it comes to a bit of nookie I thought robins were solitary birds? In fact I think they're supposed to be nasty little b's (birdies that is lol).
    Quite right. Apart from breeding time they fight like anything.

Something that really annoys me about one of the dies is they have taken the silhouette of a jenny wren and given it the charisma colouring of a robin, which really grates with me. There is no way I could use that on a card.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzydrury View Post
    Hope Stephanie does not come on here otherwise her next collection will be

Two Red Robins, Having a Sexual Die set
    Ooooo, now that could be fun! I remember seeing a dozen or more one year at Cawthorne, but they may have been young birdies as it was quite late in the year. They did all have red breasts, so were definitely robins.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

They even look alike. Can't mistake a wren for any other bird. My favourite birdies are chaffinches and the one and only goldcrest I spotted at Cawthorne one year. Took 20 photos, only managed to get him in focus on one as they are nifty little birds. They are even smaller than a wren, weighing in about the same as a 20 pence coin. I love bluetits as well, spunky little things, not frightened of anything. One of them used to give our local woodpecker some lip when it was pinching what the bluetit thought was his property. I have got quite fond of the starlings round here as they are totally crazy.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

Was listening to a documentary on Radio 4 and was surprised to learn that the average life span of a Robin is 6 months, because they are vicious, territorial birds who can get very violent with others who stray into their area. Maybe Two Robins won't last much longer!!!
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    Was listening to a documentary on Radio 4 and was surprised to learn that the average life span of a Robin is 6 months, because they are vicious, territorial birds who can get very violent with others who stray into their area. Maybe Two Robins won't last much longer!!!
    I am starting to hope that! I liked it to start with and bought a couple of USBs, but she is bringing out new stuff so quickly and continuously I am totally bored with it now.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You have to wonder what's next, after the garden incinerator and a sack of spuds. Maybe an overflowing skip the size of a thimble and a fox the size of a house (for perspective's sake obv), or an old worn sofa that sits in a front garden for months and some ruthless giant seagulls??? If any of this happens, just remember where you heard it first
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure which is the best website for a giggle, this one or Duolingo! ;)

Nearly forgot. "They even look alike." Should of course be, they don't even look alike. Honestly, what a pea brain I am. :(

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked out of the window and two red robins are copulating in my garden right now.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    Just looked out of the window and two red robins are copulating in my garden right now.

Quick, take a photo to send to Ms Weightman
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post