Thread: Deramores sold off

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deramores sold off

I've just received an e-mail to say that Deramores is no more. With immediate effect it has been sold to Love Crafts. Clearly IW is divesting itself of all crafts and it would seem that The Craft Store isn't going to be interested in knitting and crochet.
    I have bought most of my yarns and patterns from Deramores, so I am sorry to see them go. They had good quality materials at reasonable prices and their sales and reward scheme made my hobby affordable.
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There is a knitting show on TCC right now.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would imagine that The Craft Store will continue to work with their current suppliers and not take over Deramores in addition.

This is what the e-mail said:

After more than ten years, unfortunately, the owners decided they could no longer continue to run Deramores as a standalone company. But we’ve found someone who will give our faithful customers a new place to shop for craft supplies.

LoveCrafts Group Limited, the online craft retailer, based in the UK, will be acquiring some of the assets of Deramores, including Dermores-branded yarns and patterns, providing customers a place to shop for knitting, crochet and craft supplies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    I would imagine that The Craft Store will continue to work with their current suppliers and not take over Deramores in addition.

This is what the e-mail said:

After more than ten years, unfortunately, the owners decided they could no longer continue to run Deramores as a standalone company. But we’ve found someone who will give our faithful customers a new place to shop for craft supplies.

LoveCrafts Group Limited, the online craft retailer, based in the UK, will be acquiring some of the assets of Deramores, including Dermores-branded yarns and patterns, providing customers a place to shop for knitting, crochet and craft supplies.
    I suspect that IW wanted more money for all the individual companies that it acquired, so the Craft Store probably chose whatever they thought was financially viable.

I havent bought anything from lovecrafts, but have often found things that I could buy.
    Hopefully the prices wont go up too much for items that you like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet School Fan View Post
    I've just received an e-mail to say that Deramores is no more. With immediate effect it has been sold to Love Crafts. Clearly IW is divesting itself of all crafts and it would seem that The Craft Store isn't going to be interested in knitting and crochet.
    I have bought most of my yarns and patterns from Deramores, so I am sorry to see them go. They had good quality materials at reasonable prices and their sales and reward scheme made my hobby affordable.
    Same here, I'm sorry to see them go too. I've bought quite a bit from them and loved their patterns because they were so varied.

Post Thanks / Like

The one thing apparent from the demise of C&C is that the two recent companies who owned them are not interested in craft/the crafting community at all and were just in it for the money (or lack of it).
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Shame as I do like their yarns. Not that I actually need any of course. I recently needed some cotton yarns for making pigs in blankets Christmas ornaments, yes folks, Christmas already. Although Deramores sold the yarn, they didn't have any of the colours I wanted, and not at all of one yarn. I had a look on my other favourite website, The Wool Warehouse, who had all but one colour, though I did find an alternative shade.

To make my order up to the £25 free postage, I bought the eyes for my little piggy's. Also bought two small flower cross stitch kits and a 5" DMC spring frame. One can never have too many spring frames or black, white and ecru threads. This is especially so if one has three blackwork SAL's on the go at a time, plus a lot of ecru hemstitching and other stuff that requires white.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

LoveCrafts Paintbox cotton yarns are good to knit with. I'm knitting the dolls for the school buses in them - lots of colours and they knit up very easily, even on 2.75 mm needles, with good stitch definition. Bought lots of colours in the Christmas time sale so I'll have lots to knit other dolls with when this project is finished.
    Originally I looked on the Deramores website for cotton yarn, but there were only a few colours available. Think they must have been running down their stocks.