Thread: Is it just me……

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it just me……

Does anyone else get fed up with the presenters keep saying “don’t forget to check out your baskets”. For goodness sake how many times do we need to be told during a 1 hour show. The worst culprits are Miss P & Haley.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyfelt View Post
    Does anyone else get fed up with the presenters keep saying “don’t forget to check out your baskets”. For goodness sake how many times do we need to be told during a 1 hour show. The worst culprits are Miss P & Haley.
    They obviously think we are all as thick as two short planks, and not half as useful! There is a lot to be said for having the sound off, don't hear any of the waffle. ;)

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

They're constantly reminded to say it by 'the voices in their ears'. The backroom staff can see what's selling and if people have items in their baskets and not checked out. They don't want to label items as sold out only for people to not complete their purchase and then they're left with stock that others might have wanted but couldn't because it showed as all items allocated.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

The issue would be while it is sat in a basket, it Is not yours and isn’t allocated.

Somebody phones up orders the item, as the computer doesn’t tell the person in the call centre, it’s In somebody’s basket, the person on the phone gets priority.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzydrury View Post
    The issue would be while it is sat in a basket, it Is not yours and isn’t allocated.

Somebody phones up orders the item, as the computer doesn’t tell the person in the call centre, it’s In somebody’s basket, the person on the phone gets priority.
    AFAIK, that happens with C&C but not The Craft Store. I've had items in my basket With C&C but when you check out a minute later it says they are out of stock. With the latter, items in your basket are yours, but only for 10 mins from putting the first item in. If you haven't checked out after 10 mins, your basket automatically empties and those items are available to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    AFAIK, that happens with C&C but not The Craft Store. I've had items in my basket With C&C but when you check out a minute later it says they are out of stock. With the latter, items in your basket are yours, but only for 10 mins from putting the first item in. If you haven't checked out after 10 mins, your basket automatically empties and those items are available to everyone.
    Can you imagine if that happened in real life, as in a supermarket ....... you get to the till and half of your shopping is missing as it has been taken out by other customers while you have been going around!
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness View Post
    Can you imagine if that happened in real life, as in a supermarket ....... you get to the till and half of your shopping is missing as it has been taken out by other customers while you have been going around!
    That has happened a few times when shopping with granddaughters
    Get to till half a French stick a Banana a half a bunch of grapes missing
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear Jan, have to laugh though. ;)

I remember shopping in Wombwell once with Kate when she was about two. We had been into Woolworths, hadn't bought anything, didn't notice until we were at the other end of town that she was still clutching the basket. Oh well, two year olds do like to be helpful! We did take it back of course. ;)

We could have a riot on our hands if that happened Lioness. :)

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog