Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattered Lace magazines

Post Thanks / Like

Printers are ahead of schedule and paper copies are starting to go out tomorrow. Digital still on track for end of month.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

So the new magazine has landed! What do you think of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    So the new magazine has landed! What do you think of it?
    I’m not impressed. But then wasn’t greatly impressed with my subscription anyway.
    Too much emphasis on getting you to buy other new dies.
    If I’m being honest I felt pages were wasted in this last one in us being shown how you could breakdown die cuts. Once the conception has been explained - which I don’t feel is difficult - I think we can work it out on other die cuts.

When I subscribed I wasn’t fully aware of the format and wouldn’t subscribe again - not if projects are encouraging buying other dies. I appreciate you can adapt dies you already own. But why not have more projects incorporating all the dies that were included in the initial magazine along with subsequent ones.

My humble opinion anyway.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t looked yet but have read comments on FB. People are complaining that there are 'only' 33 projects when the original sales pitch was many more than that each issue. People still aren't 'getting' that the original owners/producers of the subscriptions took are money and have done a runner with it with no hope of us getting even 1p back. And that the people that are now involved had nothing to do with the original product and are now providing us with something even though we've not paid them nothing for it.
    Last edited by pyjama princess; 02-06-2022 at 12:45 AM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    I have looked yet but have read comments on FB. People are complaining that there are 'only' 33 projects when the original sales pitch was many more than that each issue. People still aren't 'getting' that the original owners/producers of the subscriptions took are money and have done a runner with it with no hope of us getting even 1p back. And that the people that are now involved had nothing to do with the original product and are now providing us with something even though we've not paid them nothing for it.
    That might be so, but it's still not what people paid for, if the original pitch promised far more. So I can understand their complaining!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    I haven’t looked yet but have read comments on FB. People are complaining that there are 'only' 33 projects when the original sales pitch was many more than that each issue. People still aren't 'getting' that the original owners/producers of the subscriptions took are money and have done a runner with it with no hope of us getting even 1p back. And that the people that are now involved had nothing to do with the original product and are now providing us with something even though we've not paid them nothing for it.
    They did a runner with the money? OMG! I'm completely lost as to who owned what - wasn't it German owners who sold to Americans? Or was C&C sold on again? No wonder some presenters etc., moved on.

I wonder if this is why the likes of CC, Hunkydory etc went to Hobby Maker? They were on a lot just before the change over, so perhaps they lost a lot of money too.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just glad that I have received something. This digital magazine has an emphasis on "education" but it is pretty basic and if you have been getting the mag since the beginning of the subscription you should know all this by now. But if the producers are more or less starting from scratch I suppose they had to pad it out with something. Some of the images and cuts are nice so I will adapt them and use them in my own style. I think they are trying too hard to come up with different card shapes and gone a bit far. Whenever I've sent an unusual card shape I've found the recipients don't know what to do with them!
    I imagine the upset and confusion is that people (myself included) associated the name Tattered Lace with SW specifically rather than Create and Craft. So regardless of C&C disappearing I expected SW to continue with the magazine. Only after much misunderstanding did I eventually learn that was not the case and she has gone on to start Highlight Crafts and taken Mel and other staff with her. What did SW think was going to happen to TL without her? She made that statement on Facebook which Pyjama Princess was kind enough to copy onto here but it was too late to stop the rumours and speculations.

Keep Calm and Carry on Crafting
    x

Post Thanks / Like

Ideal World we’re also taken over, I wonder how much money the suppliers from that channel were owed.

If Create and Craft had not been taken over, we really would have lost the money we payed, as there wouldn’t be any magazine at all.

Post Thanks / Like

They also. Lost Corinne to Crafters TV

Post Thanks / Like

The next digital magazine is out.