Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April Swap Photos

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to say - my husband rarely notices any cards but he came into the office and remarked that I had made a very striking card. I had to tell him that I had received it, not made it. He then examined it closely and was most impressed by the construction!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Your photos are great Victoria - really making it look good LOL!
    The first attempt at this was awful! Little Jan messaged me to ask if I was taking part and I told her it was going in the bin and I'd make something else. The first time I glued all the blooms to the front of the inside of the watering can just piling them behind each other with no stems. It looked utter pants!!!! I managed to get the flowers off without damaging the w/c. By now I knew it was for you which I was pleased about because you use an electronic cutting machine and this was cut on a Scan and Cut. The w/c was just a flat item but I cut two and figured out how to join them together leaving enough gap to put the flowers in. I then remembered I had some stems that I could use. I cut all the blooms again, glued them to the stems and used some of the old cast off blooms to stick to the back to hide the top of the sticks. The front is when the spout is on the left and the daffs at the front LOL! Disappointingly it wouldn't stand up it kept falling backwards. I put some strips of card on the base to try and help but it still fell over. I was lucky to find the perfect colour green for the background of the flower wreath in my Serif Craft Artist digi kits.
    Thank you, and hubby, for your lovely comments. I didn't enjoy making the first version but was happier with the second one.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

PP - I was wondering whether this project made the air turn blue down in South Wales! I've tried to do a few 3D makes using the Cameo but it can be very tricky when it comes to glueing and finishing off. I was also wondering how you made the wreath in two different sizes, and now I know - the colours are very vibrant against the deep green. I can get it to stand up without falling over, but it's going to be propped on a shelf just above my desktop where I can admire it, safely in the knowledge that lack of water won't make one iota of difference!
    Last edited by Victoria; 29-04-2022 at 07:33 PM.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Drum roll ....... here is my fantastic swap made by Pyjama Princess. The spring flowers have certainly bought sunshine to my day and will continue to do so for quite a while (no watering involved!!). It's such a dimensional creation and must have taken a lot of time and effort. Many thanks PP!

Wow another stunner
    You have all covered the theme beautifully

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to be so late with this...

From Pink Pig, a little beauty with lots of shine and texture, just the way I like it. Thank you.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Another beauty

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    Another beauty
    Yes indeed!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you not received anything yet Little Jan?

Post Thanks / Like

Not yet but sender has explained why