Thread: Message from Stephanie Weightman on FB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Message from Stephanie Weightman on FB

This is in one of the FB groups for Tattered Lace:

Message from Stephanie:
    Hello Tattered Lace Subscribers,
    This message goes against everything I believe in social media but I feel I have been forced to write this by some of the comments on the tread below.
    I was employed by Create and Craft and did what my boss told me to do. None of us knew what was going to happen.
    When we set up Highlight Crafts last year as a small family business Tattered Lace was nothing to do with us. To the best of our knowledge Tattered Lace would just carry on with my successor, who had started his job, as the hero flag ship brand of iHub and Create and Craft.
    I left the business before it was sold having worked an extended 12 months notice, not that you will care but to my own detriment.
    When Aurelius sold create and craft they had already taken all your subscription money. If Paul Wright had not purchased Create Craft it would have disappeared.
    If he had not agreed to pay for the magazine and it’s, dies, SVG files etc going forward it would have disappeared. He is paying for something he is not getting any money for, that is how much he cares about the customers.
    We have put our own brands plans to one side to support this because we are passionately about our industry and the customers so don’t any one ever accuse us of not caring or sticking two fingers up to the customers. We are trying to make the product better for everyone.
    You have no idea how hard we are all working how much personal money has been lost and how compromised we feel. We are passionate about our industry, care for our customers and have a lifetimes career invested in making it the best we can.
    Lastly don’t shoot the messenger, Diane is doing the best she can as are the whole team. Thank you to everyone who has contacted us and thanked us for stepping in and I am sorry you have had to read this message if you are one of those people
    Kindest regards
    Stephanie

She posted previously that she was given notice to leave and forced to work 12 months notice. Doing a months notice is hard and I've worked with someone who had to do 3 months and he couldn't care less during the last month. I don't know how she kept going for a year but it would explain how she had products ready to go when she moved over to the Craft Store before the merger.
    Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for putting this on here PJP. I do not do Facebook so I am always the last to know what is going on. It may seem a bit feeble of me but I have found all this change over business quite upsetting and lack of information confusing. I had no idea what was happening with Tattered Lace and when I looked on their website and found it more or less empty I did think we had been left in the lurch. It would be nice to think TL will move forward with a talented new designer and fresh ideas. Only time will tell.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is interesting to read PJP. I suppose people are bound by gagging orders not to speak openly about what is going on in a business when they are employed. As the consumer I would prefer to be told what is happening rather than become angry and dissatisfied with the service I am receiving. The personal losses of crafters sounds similar to when Julian’s channel went bust.I realise that C&C CS are going through tough times but it is hard to be patient when your money has gone and you have not got your goods.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Suppliers were only told at the beginning of January that C&C were struggling. Collectively they were owed £3 million and don't stand a chance of getting it back. Dawn Bibby posted that she was going to have to find a smaller/cheaper house to rent and a smaller warehouse to store the items sold from her own business.
    There was a buyer for C&C but then they decided they only wanted the website which is when Hochanda stepped in at the last minute. A lot of people don't understand how difficult it's been to transfer everything from one computer system to the other. Not helped by Aurelius, the old C&C, refusing to pass on information. The Tattered Lace subscription couldn't be transfered from one system to the other - it's had to be built from the beginning which is why it's taken so long.
    It's just so sad that some people are being so rude and aggressive towards the ones that are doing their utmost to try and sort it out. We could have lost the subscriptions and our money and they could have said it's nothing to do with us anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m a subscriber but I didn’t complain as I will admit I’ve Cerebal Palsy and learning issues, and most stuff goes over my head.

I’m shocked the suppliers didn’t know until January, as it was probably obvious to them how the company who owned Create and Craft were struggling, I always thought it was indeed Hochanda which struggled.

I feel for Dawn Bibby who has had to downsize, and the other businesses who lost money,

I’m just grateful we still have Create and Craft, as I’m stuck at home 24/7, and find Create and Craft, a Escapism as over the last 2 years, It has been a nice option from not hearing Corona all the time. Martyn Parker, Dan Bancroft, Nigel May, Charlie Hopkins Dawn Wheeler and Such have been a family to those who haven’t been able to get out, and it’s nice seeing other presenters, to like, Adam probably being my favourite, as I just find him funny.

Sorry I’ve rambled
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I did notice this weeks new Tattered Lace Pick of the Week, the packaging looks new

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t know some of you weren’t on FB, I’d have posted what I knew earlier if I’d know you were in the dark.
    Just to clarify: the info I’ve posted isn’t rumours. It’s from FB lives or posts by people such as Dawn Bibby, Lynda Chapman and Stephanie. So it’s what they’ve been told/experienced themselves.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

When you consider how much CC and Hunkydory were on C&C leading up to the takeover, perhaps this is why they skipped to Hobby Maker?

Post Thanks / Like

I see Steph Is guesting the Tattered Lace pick of the week.

She Also announced on air, Physical Copies of the Magazine have been sent out, and the Digital Version will drop this week
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post