Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello everyone

Make yourselves a brew & I'll try and bring you up to date.
    I hope no one thinks I've been rude, I've been absent for a long time through illness and allsorts else. I've had a job to get back onto CT site as I can't remember things like I used to so kept going round in circles with membership details lol!!
    During first lockdown you may remember we had to get out of our mobile home & went to my sons temporarily, and sadly, Jack passed away after just a few days which was very traumatic. I then got an appointment through for an endoscopy that I'd been waiting almost a year for. The result came out as stomach cancer which was a big shock. My surgeon was very positive and I had 3 rounds of chemo prior to the op. The op went well then 3 days later everything went pear shaped and I was in ICU on life support for almost 6 weeks and they sent for my son and daughter twice when they thought I wasn't going to make it. Once I was on the right road they transferred me to a convalescent home & that was my real turning point, it was a lovely place the care was wonderful but I so wanted to go home and was finally discharged with my daughter coming to live with me for a few weeks & district nurses and physio's coming daily - there's nothing like your own front door ladies.
    The time on life support took its toll on my memory and altho I can remember better now but I still have to sometimes ask my son or daughter about something.
    I'm not in the mobile home anymore, the people involved with my health got me a flat which I moved in to, then I got offered this little bungalow and I'm very happy here. I've got moving boxes galore that need unpacking, (three homes since last December, bless us !! ) I can still drive altho it was months before I'd the confidence to, my son kept my car at his home till I was fit enough.
    I suppose an "upside" to it all is I'm only a sz 14/16 now but I'd rather be big as I used to be - 20/22 - and still have my health. I'm so grateful to everyone who's helped me get over this - I lost my dog Milly, love her, she was such a comfort and I miss her so much. I was going to get rid of all my crafting stuff, it's that long since I did anything but my daughter said don't do anything hasty so I still have it all (in the blessed boxes lol) and hopefully I'll start again.
    Well ladies I hope I haven't t bored you to tears and do take care of yourselves and those you love, bye for now, Cynthia x
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Jackmissus, its so lovely to have you back.
    I have thought about you quite a lot and prayed that you would get through the toughest of times that you have had. Its good to hear that life is getting a little easier, and that slowly you are building up confidence to do things you used to do. You certainly have been tested to the limit!
    You have a lovely family who had the belief that you would be able to enjoy your car and craft stuff again.
    Hopefully your mojo will return and you will be able to have fun crafting again.
    Huge hugs
    xx

Post Thanks / Like

So lovely to hear from you JM, I think about you a lot. So sorry to hear about all your problems and glad things are a little better now. Hugs Pam
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Cynthia I am so pleased to hear from you. No you haven't bored me to tears, just tears of relief that you are on the mend. Tears too for poor little Milly, I know how much you adored her. I remember you losing Jack, and having to be turfed out of the caravan due to Covid. The bungalow will be soooo much better for you hunny bun, I know, we have lived in this one for 14 years. Can you believe it, 14 years!!!

Your daughter is right, don't you dare get rid of your craft stuff, you will only have to buy it all again when your mojo returns. My friend Christine hasn't picked up a needle since Christmas, ooops, sorry C********, she has been doing knitting, crochet and what I call diamond dotting. Every one else calls it diamond painting, but until I just have to be different! Anywhoo just over a week ago, she decided to have a bash at the Tudor Rose card I bought for her in Carlisle. When we met for our needle and natter on Tuesday she brought not only it, but two C******** ornaments that just need finishing off. It would appear her mojo has now returned for stitching. She is going to make it into a coaster as it is a bit of a waste using it as a card.

Not a lot going on at Walters Towers, other than the council are going to redo the electrics in August, that will be fun, plus faff about on the roof and chimney stack. They are not going to do what I want of course, which is fill in all the o's, p's and g's (holes in the outside wall) and bung cavity wall insulation in it. Triple glazing wouldn't go amiss either, though I would be more than happy with secondary glazing. If it is good enough for the MOD, then it should be good enough for Barnsley Council. So much for the bright idea of saving on the heating bills, sniff!

We lost Oscar two years ago. I was going to make an appointment at the vet as soon as they opened, but when I returned home from my walk he had gone. Soooo we just have Inky, who has become a right bossy little madam, which is what female cats are I reckon. Haven't had one yet who hasn't been, whereas most of our males have been very laid back. Well ok then, William treated me with contempt, and Jinks.............. well he was BIG boss cat, very loving with it though, especially with kittens.

Anyway love, I have now bored you to tears.

Hugs Roz xxx
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Oh JM!!! I'm thrilled to see you posting!
    I remember you posting that you had stomach cancer and I've been thinking all sorts of things had happened.
    You've been through a hell of a time both physically and emotionally. I'm glad you now have a bungalow. Take your time sorting everything out - there's no rush to get it done.
    Please let us have your address I'm sure we'd all like to send you a card and keep in touch.
    I really am over the moon to hear from you. Take care - hugs.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

So pleased to hear from you again JM. What a time you've had - but I am pleased to hear that there are still convalescence homes as they do such an important job. I hope that you will be ready to take up crafting again soon as being creative is so therapeutic. Thinking of you - big hugs.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ladies, thank you so much. I'm sorry, I don't remember telling you about Jack. That's what I mean about my memory - sometimes I feel so gormless! My daughter & SIL have put my computer desk & pc in my bedroom but I haven't used it there yet, it's so awkward using my iPhone to do things. I've been watching a lady on YouTube doing Tunisian crochet so I've got myself some bamboo hooks to have a go - I'm useless at ordinary crochet, I get the weirdest shapes! Take care ladies x
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    I've been watching a lady on YouTube doing Tunisian crochet so I've got myself some bamboo hooks to have a go - I'm useless at ordinary crochet, I get the weirdest shapes! Take care ladies x
    Hope the Tunisian Crochet goes well. My one attempt was a disaster.��
    Sorry to hear you've been having such a tough time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    .... I've been watching a lady on YouTube doing Tunisian crochet so I've got myself some bamboo hooks to have a go - I'm useless at ordinary crochet, I get the weirdest shapes! Take care ladies x
    Hi JM. My top tip on watching you tube tutorials is to slow down the playback speed to 3/4 or even 1/2 speed. (you can find this under the cog, bottom right of your tube screen) The voice will sound a bit odd (as in low) but it give you a chance to see what the person is actually doing.
    I found this helped me, particularly at the beginning.
    Good luck with the tunisian crochet.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so pleased to see you back posting. Welcome back, whether you're crafting or not. I hope your health continues to improve after everything you've been through.