Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hole punch and setter help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hole punch and setter help

I am in the process of sorting my craft hoard and came across stuff I forgot I had a lot was purchased at a bargain price from a member who was clearing out her stash must be over 10 years ago
    Found a box of multi coloured eyelets
    And the mental punch you hit with a hammer
    And thought I’d have a play but I can’t find the setter bit
    Anyone have an idea how I can set the eyelets
    I had a look on ebay but not Sure what I’m looking for
    And I don’t want to pay out for a cropodile or other brand as I probably won’t use it that much
    And I am trying to make more space I really want just a small setter any help would be greatly appreciated
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested in this too. I have a set of 3 things with springs, each has a hole punch on one end and a setter on the other end but when I use the setters they wreck the eyelet. They are purple, I can't remember the make, possibly Fiskars. I have quite a lot of eyelets that I can't use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    I would be interested in this too. I have a set of 3 things with springs, each has a hole punch on one end and a setter on the other end but when I use the setters they wreck the eyelet. They are purple, I can't remember the make, possibly Fiskars. I have quite a lot of eyelets that I can't use.
    I have this one and don't have a problem with the setter. Haven't used it for a very long time as I have a cropodile. Are you using the correct size for the eyelet. From memory I think they were three different sizes.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    I am in the process of sorting my craft hoard and came across stuff I forgot I had a lot was purchased at a bargain price from a member who was clearing out her stash must be over 10 years ago
    Found a box of multi coloured eyelets
    And the mental punch you hit with a hammer
    And thought I’d have a play but I can’t find the setter bit
    Anyone have an idea how I can set the eyelets
    I had a look on ebay but not Sure what I’m looking for
    And I don’t want to pay out for a cropodile or other brand as I probably won’t use it that much
    And I am trying to make more space I really want just a small setter any help would be greatly appreciated
    Do you know what make you have Jan?

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I sold my Cropodile as it was totally useless for my small hands, made a profit on it. I had only bought the thing as they said anyone could use it - wrong. I also hand the 'boing' thing, that is what Dawn Bibby called it. That not only did my head in, but also played havoc with my hands, the 'kickback' from my desktop was really painful.

I have the ProvoCraft Silent Setter. That is in a case with a metal thingie that holds the hole makers and the setting bits. There are three different sizes. I did find it quite hard to use as the card has to be no more than about 200gsm. I also found many of the eyelets are too hard to set into the card. Apparently one can only use lightweight eyelets, which I discovered were more difficult to get my sticky mitts on. :(

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I got rid of my spring thingies because I bought a Cropodile and I must be one of the only people in the world who managed to break it - one of the hole guides snapped off.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the big size cropodile and broke its feet - I left it in the sun and the plastic cracked! Annoying, because the mechanism still works well, but I have to find ways to prop it up while I use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    Do you know what make you have Jan?
    Sadly no Pamela it was In with a stash of stuff I bought from A member called Blarf
    She added itv as a free extra with with my purchases it was loose in the bag of eyelets I’m sure the other bits were there but all I have is the punch bit , it’s s metal one like my dad had for punching holes in belts
    I have seen something similar on ebay might just give one from there a try
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

LJ. I think I found Blarfs original post with photos of what she was selling. It's post no 41 on a thread making way for baby Blarf. Is the eyelet punch at the bottom of the first photo? Just wondered if the end bits are reversible, so that you punch with one end, then take it out and put it back into the handle the other way round with the setter sticking out?

https://forum.crafttelly.com/showthr...by-blarf/page5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    I have this one and don't have a problem with the setter. Haven't used it for a very long time as I have a cropodile. Are you using the correct size for the eyelet. From memory I think they were three different sizes.
    Yes as far as I can work out I use the correct size, it's at the opposite end to the size of hole. Probably I'm just too heavy handed.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post