Thread: Something else I can't find! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something else I can't find! lol

I have a a few cross stitch charts - new to me but I think they must be quite old. I'm looking for Balger Braid 102# and 221#4 and can't find anything - any ideas of an equivalent or where I can look for one please You know what my searching is like lol.

Thanks
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I've probably got some Balger braid - I bought loads of metallic threads at one time, but I rarely used it and have got a cabinet full of various colours and sizes. If I've got it, you're welcome to it Waterlily, as I am trying hard to downsize!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CSF that's very kind of you. To be honest I didn't even know it was metallic thread I was looking for. Like you I have got quite a lot of metallic thread so will have a look through that first.

I'm not sure what colours I'm looking for though.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

The company name is Kreinik. They used to be called Balger, but are now Kreinik. I have loads of metallic threads from various companies. I don't use them for cross stitching so much these days, but I do use them for my prick & stitch cards.

If you happen to find a pack of six tape measures lurking in a corner somewhere, please send them home! I bought a pack from Amazon, they arrived safely, but can I find them? Can I heck.

Last Tuesday I took a blackwork lavender cushion/pillow to show the girls at the needle & natter. I was sure I had put it in my bag, positive in fact. Couldn't find it, so decided I must have either left it in the library, or it had fallen out of my bag in the bus station or on the bus.

I couldn't find a contact number for the library, so was going to check tomorrow. Had another look in my backpack last night. Lo and behold, it was there. Robin Goodfellow, akaPuck, strikes again. Now will he please bring back my tape measures?

Roz
    Last edited by RozMinis; 09-01-2023 at 06:30 PM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Roz, I've had a sort out of my metallic threads and don't have any Balger but have loads of Kreinik. What I really wanted to know is what the colours were of the two I need so I can use something else.

Some of the ones I've got are Metallic Madeira, Fil Metallise, Glissen Gloss Madeira, Kum Kum, Anchor Metallic, Kreinik Metallics Cord, Gutermann, Impex, Coats Cristallina, Coats Reflecta, Blending Filament plus loads without a name.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Waterlily
    Have a look here:
    https://needlepointjoint.com/product...nt=44385793934
    The numbers you have quoted appear to be Vatican Gold and Antique gold
    That is assuming that they have kept them the same
    Also here:

ebay

you need to select colour number for the picture to show up
    Last edited by Lioness; 11-01-2023 at 10:30 AM.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much Lioness that's very helpful. Looking at those I've probably got enough gold threads to make do.
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

That is what I do Waterlily. Have a ratch through my 'stuff' and use what I have. A for instance was some Mill Hill beads I had run out of. Well I wasn't sending for just one pack, so I used a different green........... or maybe it was red. Well it was one or t'other anyway!

Sometimes I have to buy the correct thing, or something akin to it anyway, but most of the time I can get away with what is in my not inconsiderable stash. One that springs to mind where I did have to buy, was some hearts as I wanted to make several os the Mill Hill paw print ornaments. I found a pack of three for the price of two on eBay. More than I needed at the time, but I am sure I will use them eventually. I know I have two more to stitch this year, plus another Mill Hill kit for three very special people. :)

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog