Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January 2023 ATC Swap, Thanks & Photos

Post Thanks / Like

Default January 2023 ATC Swap, Thanks & Photos

Just gone into my local knitted hat postbox so could be with you on Monday.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some disappointing news, when I received Mitzi’s envelope I thought it might have been tampered with so I checked with her and I’m afraid only one of her ATCs made it here. It’s such a shame if we have to start worrying about our things getting to each other without being stolen. The envelope Mitzi sends looks expensive and if it has nice things in it so I assume that’s why it got ripped off.(Well it was nice things , just not a birthday card with money or a cheque or shopping voucher as the thief must have suspected.)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that is such an dreadful shame.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    Some disappointing news, when I received Mitzi’s envelope I thought it might have been tampered with so I checked with her and I’m afraid only one of her ATCs made it here. It’s such a shame if we have to start worrying about our things getting to each other without being stolen. The envelope Mitzi sends looks expensive and if it has nice things in it so I assume that’s why it got ripped off.(Well it was nice things , just not a birthday card with money or a cheque or shopping voucher as the thief must have suspected.)
    Oh that's terrible! It needs to be reported to Royal Mail as there are times when staff steal from post and they can't investigate it if they don't know anything about it. I can't remember now if it's the sender or the recipient who has to report it.
    I sent off my old stamps to be swapped and haven't heard anything yet - it's been nearly 2 weeks. I'm beginning to think they've 'gone astray'. It's obvious what's in the envelope as it was addressed to Swap Out. Likewise the barcoded ones coming back to me will have been put in a RM envelope. If I haven't had anything by the middle of the week I'll have to contact them.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

These are the ATCs I made. I still have a couple of the bird ones I could send.
    20230206_175644.jpg
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Post Office did one thing right, they got my ATCs to me pretty sharpish as they arrived yesterday.

This very pretty one by Little Jan came with a sweet poem. The colours are delightful.

These two by Pyjama Princess are named 'Bridgend in the snow', and 'Kingfisher and butterflies'. The first one is a photo taken by a local photographer and PJP makes them into Christmas cards. How lovely is that? And the second one, well, who can resist a kingfisher?

Pink Pig made 'Wild' and 'Cat show', both very beautiful, but I especially like the cat as I used to have a persian and she was gorgeous.

Thank you very much ladies and special regards to Pink Pig for organising the swap.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mine arrived but been a bit busy
    Will post picture later today

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Mine came yesterday too.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay posting pictures I am having trouble uploading to my pc
    It keeps trying to reload every photo then crashing
    Never done that before it normally only uploads recent photos
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Here are my lovely February ATC’s
    From Borderline
    Deep In the Woods
    A Woodgrain base with a velum overlay of a watercolour design of Tree and leaves and edged with die cut flowers

From PJP
    A Beautiful image of Snowdonia
    My Brother went there many times in his scouting days sadly the photos were tiny and only in black and white then

Butterfly
    A Vibrant image of a butterfly on autumn leaves and a green base

From Pink Pig
    Wild
    A printed base with a frame enclosing a lovely image of an owl and a lovely die cut pair of binoculars

In also came in a lovely little pocket with images of birds

Cat Show
    Printed base with image of a very smartly dress cat
    Complete with die cut camera fish bone ball of wool and paw prints I do love the little dies you use
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post