Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: February Swap received

Post Thanks / Like

Default February Swap received

My fantastic swap arrived this morning
    I am out all day today and tomorrow so will try and post pictures tomorrow evening
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my fantastic swap from Borderline it is an upcycled project
    And I love it,
    It is a pickle jar covered in beautiful paper with lavender and butterflies on
    The front has a silver round tag with a smaller round layer with the same paper
    The rim has some lovely cotton lace and lavender and white string

The lid has been painted a deep lavender blue and topped with another circle off the same pretty paper

The jar also contained some very useful cottonwool balls
    It was sent in a cylinder container that once contained cheese balls
    Sadly there were no cheese balls left lol and now I have a craving for some
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely piece of work Borderline and useful as well!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

How lovely! Great make Borderline.

Post Thanks / Like

I love that too.

I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

A stunning make Borderline.

I have to apologise to CSF and PP.
    First to PP as my card has been made for ages and just sat on my computer desk waiting for me to buy a postage label and actually post it. I've not been feeling 100% recently, both physically and mentally. Nothing serious and I'm much better now, just need to catch up on sleep after still being awake at 5:30am Saturday morning. After giving myself a good talking to I walked to the post box this afternoon which will be emptied in the morning and it's got first class postage on it.
    CSF - I received your lovely swap a few days ago. I can't remember exactly when as each day has been merging into another. I remember opening it and taking all the contents up to my craft room ready to photograph when I'd cleared room on my desk. I then completely forgot about it! Until yesterday when I couldn't remember what I'd done with it! I looked everywhere I could think of to no avail - you won't believe some of the places I looked! Then I remembered that when I took it upstairs I had a few things to take up so I'd put my swap inside a large jiffy bag holding other craft stash. So I just had to find the large Jiffy bag. Could I find it? The contents of the Jiffy bag are for a future make and in order to make space on my desk I'd put it behind my desk with other stash for the same make. Eventually I remembered where I'd put the Jiffy bag and while holding my breath I looked inside and there was my swap - phew!!! I'll take photos some time this week.
    It's really lovely and I'm so glad I found it again.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

My swap contained three items from CSF. A very pretty card with a topper that looks familiar - is it from Creative Crafting World/Paper Boutique? Then a packet of Garden Lobelia seeds. I'll have to find someone to pass them on to as my garden wouldn't even grow rice as it's always so wet!
    But the star of the show is a very pretty pincushion, beautifully sewn onto a sparkly fabric and edged in pretty lace in a rainbow of colours. There's also beads sewn into the lavender. It certainly won't be used as a pincushion - it's far too pretty! It will be hung up in my craft room for me to see.
    Thanks CSF your swap makes are always so different.

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely swap. That pincushion is beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you liked it PJP. I enjoyed making it - the design came from a book of cross stitch designs of the Sussex countryside that I have had for years. Much as I like papercrafts I am always much happier with a needle in my hands. I went to a lunch yesterday with a group of people I worked with 20 years ago - all retired teachers from the same school. Several of them were telling me how much they still treasure the cross stitched cards and pictures I made for them when we were work colleagues.
    The topper on the card was from an ancient Kanban kit that resurfaced as I was trying to sort out my crafting stuff. Saw the seeds in Lidls and as they were lilac in hue I bought them on a whim!
    I have received a beautiful memory book - the kind of thing I have always wanted to make, but never actually managed to produce. I'll post pictures on Friday, when I'm not working and I can take photos in daylight.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely swap the pin cushion must have taken ages