Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dean Wilson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dean Wilson

I'm trying to watch the Chameleon show (recorded) but Dean is making it pretty much unwatchable, I'm having to fight myself to not turn it off. Talking over the guest, making it all about himself and his son George, laughing inappropriately, constant interruptions.

I long for the old Hochanda days with Alex Turchin et al. SHUT UP DEAN. Let us see the products and the demonstrations. I don't want to hear you constantly bigging yourself up and I don't care about your son! Just shut up.

I can't understand how people enjoy watching him. Is it just me?
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been a Dean fan. If I see he's presenting a show I wouldn't even try to watch it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    I'm trying to watch the Chameleon show (recorded) but Dean is making it pretty much unwatchable, I'm having to fight myself to not turn it off. Talking over the guest, making it all about himself and his son George, laughing inappropriately, constant interruptions.

I long for the old Hochanda days with Alex Turchin et al. SHUT UP DEAN. Let us see the products and the demonstrations. I don't want to hear you constantly bigging yourself up and I don't care about your son! Just shut up.

I can't understand how people enjoy watching him. Is it just me?
    he has always annoyed me ,too over the top
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    I've never been a Dean fan. If I see he's presenting a show I wouldn't even try to watch it.
    I don’t watch much craft programs anymore and if I did I would turn off if he was on
    Well tell a lie I clicked on C&C to watch the parchment show as I found a pack of parchment paper and tools I purchased Yonkers ago and never used
    But it was 2 women with I think it was a my craft studio cd rom with animals
    The 2 women were wittering on for the whole show ,showing pictures of viewers dogs that had been sent in , I kept it on out of curiosity to see if they ever got round to making anything
    But just a few screen shoots of what was on the cd

Well I will pop back and look in another 6 months to see if they have managed to make anything
    Last edited by Little Jan; 29-10-2023 at 10:20 AM.

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Not a Dean fan either , it depends on who he is on with, some people can keep him under control. I only watch the programmes when the content or guest are good as in Pete and Sizzix but I had to switch Pete and Dean together off lately as Dean was annoying me and interfering with the flow of the demos with unrelated drivel.When I was channel hopping last week came across a Kathryn Sturrock show and how refreshing she was to watch. Bet Dean was cross when Dave Bradford got Crafting Man of the Year.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No, not just you! He's way OTT. Reminds me of some children I used to teach!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    I turned it off and deleted the recording. Shame, as I might have bought something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    Not a Dean fan either , it depends on who he is on with
    With Barbara Gray (Clarity) recently, he started his antics, and she just stopped what she was doing, gave him "a look", paused briefly then carried on with what she was doing, ignoring him. I was cheering her on.

Post Thanks / Like

On the bright side, Hobbymaker is going HD, which will make that a lot more watchable.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I must admit in the early days I did like Dean, but that really was in the early days of C&C. When he got the push I was mortified, cheered when he was reinstated. Turned off part way during the first show. He was totally OTT, and has been so ever since.

I don't watch much in the way of crafts either as they seldom have on what I would buy. Can't be bothered to record any that I am interested in if I can't watch them at the time. That is usually what they term "soft crafting". I actually prefer watching GinaB on YouTube to be honest. She can sell me owt on there! ;)

I hope Hobbymaker will be on Freesat as I can't get Freeview. Well I could, but it means plugging in the aerial which is a pain in the wotsit. I could watch on t'Internet I suppose, but can't be bothered.

Good for Dave, he isn't as 'in yer face' as certain others are.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog