Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fee for using Flexibuy

Post Thanks / Like

I won't use Temu because they steal designs from legitimate companies and there are concerns about the use of slave labour / factory conditions. Carabelle Studios has been put out of business partly due to their designs being stolen and sold cheaper (but not as good quality) by Chinese companies.

I know a lot of craft products are made in China and I just have to hope that the legitimate companies check on the factory conditions etc. I'd rather pay more for a few decent items than a lot of rip-off ones. I do, however, understand that the price difference makes them much more appealing.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    I won't use Temu because they steal designs from legitimate companies and there are concerns about the use of slave labour / factory conditions. Carabelle Studios has been put out of business partly due to their designs being stolen and sold cheaper (but not as good quality) by Chinese companies.

I know a lot of craft products are made in China and I just have to hope that the legitimate companies check on the factory conditions etc. I'd rather pay more for a few decent items than a lot of rip-off ones. I do, however, understand that the price difference makes them much more appealing.
    I could have written the same Mitzi. I don’t knowingly buy anything that’s a stolen design.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I, and many others on this forum, have bought craft stuff on eBay. We also knew that some of it must have been counterfeit, especially the Disney dies.

I shudder to think how many thousands of those little flowers that were being flogged on C&C today have to be produced in one day by the 'slave' workers in China to earn a single yuan.

I ordered some dies from China (via eBay) several years ago. I received two the same, while one was missing. I was assured that if I gave them positive feedback I would receive the missing die. Well I am still waiting for it. Lesson number one : never give positive feedback until the goods have arrived. Or in other words, don't be blackmailed!

One of the items I received today from Temu wasn't right, so I asked for a refund. Refund given, but that I should keep the offending item. Donate it to charity, give it away, or recycle. Needless to say I will donate it to my local fluffit/woofit shop. I have bought items from Redbubble and had the same response. :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog