Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foiling pen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Foiling pen

Has anyone had any problems with the foiling pen from Step Weightman? I've had numerous tries with it but the finished effect is really scratchy and uneven.
    Thanks in advance B

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't want to ignore this but I don't have one nor anything similar, so can't help. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

if it's one of those with glue that starts blue and goes white when ready, then I've tried a couple of brands and they don't give even coverage.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    if it's one of those with glue that starts blue and goes white when ready, then I've tried a couple of brands and they don't give even coverage.
    I've tried those as well, total rubbish. Haven't tried Steph's though.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I might be wrong but I thought this foiling pen was electric?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    I might be wrong but I thought this foiling pen was electric?
    I think it is too and has a USB connection. Very like the We R Memory Keepers' ones which I have for a couple of years for my Silhouette and Scan-n-Cut machines, also two free hand ones. None of mine scratch. scratch at all. They were on Hobby Maker towards the end of last year including the free hand tool.

Post Thanks / Like

I have got the We R Memory Keepers heat pens that go in the Scanncut. I've used them a few times and the results are OK but I found it a bit of a faff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    I have got the We R Memory Keepers heat pens that go in the Scanncut. I've used them a few times and the results are OK but I found it a bit of a faff.
    To be honest I find my scan n cut more than a bit of a faff to use. I am so used to Silhouette machines and Studio software I have can do so much more than canvas including saving as an SVG. When the We R Memory Keepers heat pens came out I used them a lot. Great for personalising cards and I have foiled an owl and peacock in different sizes and framed them.

I found with the free hand foil pens a steady artistic hand was definitely needed, which I do not have.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I am so used to Silhouette machines and Studio software I have can do so much more than canvas including saving as an SVG.
    Whenever I see other design software in demos I find myself thinking that it isn't a patch on Silhouette Studio.
    BTW, did you know that Silhouette make pressure activated foil for use in their machines? The range of colours is very (very!) limited because they didn't sell well, so the intended wide range was never developed. The problem was that they never advertised the foil! I belong to a couple of Silhouette groups on FB and even on there hardly anyone knew about it, so small wonder it didn't sell.

Post Thanks / Like

What can you do with the Silhouette software that you can't do with the Brother? I use the web version on my pc to create my own files as well as manipulating any that I've downloaded. I get it all exactly as I want on the computer screen then save it as an SVG or else just send it straight to the Scanncut where it's then all ready to cut or draw.