Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sizzix Switch - Hobbymaker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sizzix Switch - Hobbymaker

Watched the repeats on Hobbymaker this morning and was gutted to see that they had the Switch for £179 up until midnight last night - it was on payments of £44 per month. I've wanted one since they came out.

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine. Got it from C&C on the first showing they had.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig View Post
    I love mine. Got it from C&C on the first showing they had.
    There's been some comments about the plates warping, but they were quite old reviews. What's your opinion?

Post Thanks / Like

They do warp but that has happened to me on every machine I have had ( except for my tiny Anna Griffin machine) and I’ve still been using them when they are warped as long as they go in the machine’s mouth and they haven’t got stuck as happened when I had a Gemini Junior,( a nightmare to prise out) and it’s been no worse than the non electric Sizzix foldaway I have. I use the smaller plates usually and I can get a pair of them for about £12 on Amazon. I think PJP may have a Switch so she might have some views. I use different coloured/ glittery plates to make the sandwich as it reminds to shuffle them about to reduce strain on the plates.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t have a Switch. Paula Pascual has one and raves about it.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I have my wee bug which gets loads of use if the plates bend I put them in a bowl of very hot water for 5-10 mins they lay the plate curved size up and put something heavy on it
    They soon goes flat again
    I have the x cut but I don’t like the plates it uses
    So have got myself a Sizzix big shot only downside it does not fold for storage
    Not used it yet though

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    I have my wee bug which gets loads of use if the plates bend I put them in a bowl of very hot water for 5-10 mins they lay the plate curved size up and put something heavy on it
    They soon goes flat again
    I have the x cut but I don’t like the plates it uses
    So have got myself a Sizzix big shot only downside it does not fold for storage
    Not used it yet though
    I've got the Big Shot Plus and the foldaway one. I did have the standard Big Shot but gave that away. I'm just fed up with turning handles lol.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

My wee 'bug has warped plates too. I usually turn them over, which although it doesn't flatten them, it does stop them from getting any worse. I once cracked a plate due to using the Tonic cracker die that only just fitted on the plates. It obviously put too much of a strain on it, so I ended with a small crack on either side. Although I did have spares (still do)I wouldn't give him a new plate until his birthday in the May. Even then it was only the one! It didn't seem to bother him one way or the other, he carried on as if nothing had happened. I now only use my larger dies in my GC. Not that I have done much card making in recent times. :(

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a Switch but not used it yet. Oh, the shame. I haven't managed to clear enough space on my desk to set it up. I imagine once I do, it will stay out, unlike my bug which lives in a cupboard just behind me so it's easy to get out when needed.

Does anyone know if Cuttlebug plates will fit in the Switch, or will I need to buy some Sizzix smaller ones? The Switch came with big plates only.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can use those plates in a Sizzix non electric machine I would say yes Mitzi.