Thread: Brother Skitch Embroidery Machine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brother Skitch Embroidery Machine

The Brother Skitch Embroidery Machine seems to have arrived and left with barely a whisper. Demonstrated on Create and Craft Facebook page during the week, it is now no longer available on the C & C website. The demonstrator admitted she had little knowledge of sewing machines in general [she is very good on the Brother Scan'n'Cut] and the whole session was a bit amateurish. I would imagine the audience on Facebook would be small compared to the television shopping channel. Brother machines - sewing and embroidery - are usually excellent and I have both but I think the Skitch will disappear into the great sewing room in the sky. Reviews online are generally negative. Anyone have any hands-on experience with this machine? I would be interested in your thoughts.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I can’t help
    I don’t watch any Selly Telly
    And only have a basic Brother sewing machine with 30 embroidery and 2O everyday stitches
    A brother Disney and an overlocker that’s been in a box for a few years lol
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I've got Brother PE150 embroidery machine - had it for years and can't remember even trying it - must have a go lol. I've also got Necchi NM 200 and a Husqvarna RS200 which both do more or less the same stiches (loads of different stitches) but not what I would call embroidery. I also have an overlocker which I don't think I've used!
    I love flowers

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

My Singer sewing machine hasn't seen the light of day since I dunno when! I much prefer nice quiet hand sewing. ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    My Singer sewing machine hasn't seen the light of day since I dunno when! I much prefer nice quiet hand sewing. ;)

Roz
    Yes I prefer to hand sew, though my fingers don’t agree
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    Yes I prefer to hand sew, though my fingers don’t agree
    It is my thumbs that is the problem, especially the left one as it had to do all the physio on my right thumb. Nobody mentioned that! :(

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog