Thread: looking for acetate card blanks

Post Thanks / Like

Question looking for acetate card blanks

Can anyone recommend anywhere online to buy acetate card blanks. I have found some on craftwork cards but they work out at 70p each and I was hoping to find cheaper It need to be firm enough to stand itself
    Another question while I'm at it... is inkjet suitable acetate flimsy or can you make a card from it that would stand unaided?

Post Thanks / Like

hi sugarplum
    i buy my acetate from joanna sheen as it is quite a bit firmer than others i have tried, as to inkjet acetate it is very flimsy

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are looking for pre-scored:

http://www.theglitterpot.co.uk/scrip...idproduct=9874

Post Thanks / Like

Sugarplum, you need to look at the mic weight of acetate, as this tells you how robust it is. Have a look here for heavyweight acetate at only 22p a sheet, but you would need to score it yourself (which is not a difficult job) and they do charge a hefty P&P for orders under £40.

And I agree with the above, inkjet acetate is too flimsy to be a card blank in it's won right.

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, never knew you could get pre-scored acetate blanks - I always just crease my own!
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
    Gosh, never knew you could get pre-scored acetate blanks - I always just crease my own!
    I know it's cool - for some reason I'm rubbish at creasing all types of material, acetate is bad so I prefer the pre-scored - my secret is out!