Thread: Creepy Creations - A Halloween Secret Swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Creepy Creations - A Halloween Secret Swap

It seems to me we are all a bit quiet these days.... so I thought a Secret Swap might be a fun way to get people going again...... as we did Valentine's Day and Easter Bunny Secret swap and people seemed to enjoy the guessing game .....how about a Halloween themed Secret Swap?

If you are one of our newer members and don't know the routine for a secret swap - here is how they work...

Firstly DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD! Instead send me a Private message if you would like to join in, please include your snail mail address with your message.

Now onto how Secret Swaps work :
    Basically these swaps are about having some fun guessing "who made it". The cards are sent annonymously and the recipient posts a picture on the forum - then we all try to guess who the maker was. The guessing threads are left open for approximately 48 hours after which time the real maker owns up by posting on the thread. That is why I am asking people to PM me if they are interested in joining in - posting your interest here lets people know you are going to be one of the people taking part.

Here are the detailed instructions:
    The organiser (me) will create a list of swappers and pm each person with the name and address of the person they are to send their "Creepy Creation" to. Each sender should sign their card as being from the "Craft Telly Ghost". Please do not use your real name or forum name!

When you receive your swap from the Ghost please WAIT until Friday 31st of October, then create a thread with a title something like this "My Ghostly Swap - who sent it?" In that thread please post a picture of the card you recieved. (If the Friday is just not going to be possible it's ok to post the picture on Thursday or as early in the day as you can on Saturday)
    N.B. If you don't know how to get a picture onto the forum please see the instructions below - and I will try to help you with that.

Each thread will remain open until Sunday 2nd November for approximately 48 hours, during that time CT members can post a guess as to who made the card.

All threads will close no later than 9pm on the Sunday. After that time the maker should post on the thread to own up to their Creepy Creation. Please do not own up early, even if your identity has been guessed correctly. All correct guesses count even if they were not the first person to make the correct guess.

There will be a small crafty prize for the person with the most correct guesses.

What to do if you cannot post Pictures on the forum :
    Please DO try to take a photo of the card you make - in the event that the recipient is unable to post a picture of the card they receive they can inform me via PM and I will ask the maker to e-mail me their picture and create a thread on that person's behalf - this way the guessing game can be played on every card as the actual maker will still remain annoymous. If you do need me to post the picture on your behalf please try to let me know by Thursday 30th October to give me time to set up the photo ready for the Guessing Game to begin on Friday.
    Last edited by Phree; 25-09-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

As I have asked that nobody posts on this thread to say if they are interested or not (being as how that kind of gives away the names of who some of our "Creepy Creators" might be) I figured I would have to update it myself.

We have 6 Creepy swappers already. I will bump this post from time to time over the next few days and will post an update to let you know before I close the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Just another "bump" to say the list for joining is still open - we have 11 swappers now so it should be a fun swap! I will keep the list open till Sunday 5th October and then send each person a PM telling them who to send their swap card to.

Please remember to sign your swap with something fun like "from the Craft Telly Ghost", that way the recipient knows for sure it is their "Creepy Creation Swap" but will not know who it's from and can join in the guessing game for your card.

Post Thanks / Like

Last Call for Creepy Creators to sign up. If you are interested in taking part please send me a PM before midnight on Sunday the 5th.

To everyone who has signed up THANK YOU!!!! You have all been brilliant about not posting on this thread, but using PM's to help keep everyone's identity secret.