Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New JS RHS Collection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    I haven't got a clue!:giggle:
    lol okay, its just when you copy paste like that, sometimes the resolution isn't great and you get blurry or pixelly images in things like paintshop. 300 dpi tends to be the standard for purchased digital images etc for a crisp fine result

Post Thanks / Like

It took me an hour and a half to look at the images. It really is the most beautiful collection of images, and the backing papers have moved on a lot from the old "psp produced patterns" as on the old JS cd's. Like that SA girly on Sunday said, "They'd make fab wallpapers".

Well worth the money and I know it was for my birthday but hubby let me open it! I was still surprised!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sheilaj View Post
    lol okay, its just when you copy paste like that, sometimes the resolution isn't great and you get blurry or pixelly images in things like paintshop. 300 dpi tends to be the standard for purchased digital images etc for a crisp fine result
    I do that into PSP as a new image but haven't had any probs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alice3_2009 View Post
    I do that into PSP as a new image but haven't had any probs.

could you do me a favour? could you open one that you have copy pasted then click image-resize? one of the pieces of info you will see will be pixels to the inch or cm...if it says cm then the dropdown will turn it to inches...without resizing, could you tell me what the pixels/inch number is please?
    thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The first image which is approx 81/2 inches sq is 72.000 pixels per inch - the same as the original resolution.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Thanks, thats helpful but they aren't for me then. 72 dpi is quite lo res, i'd want 300 as i said which is a pity as the images are lovely

Post Thanks / Like

You can up the pixels to 300 when moving the image into page layout

Post Thanks / Like

yes but it doesn't give you more detail, just more pixels...same as upping the res in a lo res photo

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious but how big do you need the image to be?

Post Thanks / Like

its not size as in inches, but detail as in pixels to the inch. If you have something that is high res, then you can do 12 x 12 designs but also when you do go down to smaller things and print them, the detail is still there. To give you an example, I made a Christmas scrapbook last year (Shimelle Laine's JYC actually) On one of the pages I did some hidden journalling in plain sight. I did it on the computer then printed it out at 8x5. Because I did it at 300dpi using 300dpi products, you can still read the journalling but only with a magnifying glass :).
    If you only want to pick and print, maybe change the colour or basic stuff then lo res may be fine but once you get geeky about it then you need the higher res :(

edit:just checked and the kanban disc images actually are 300dpi yay!!!
    Last edited by sheilaj; 29-10-2009 at 12:36 PM.