Thread: Advent Calendar

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Advent Calendar

Does an advent calender count as quilting? I bought two panels recently and just gave a finished one to my Son & D-I-L. I could kick myself for not taking a photo of it :taphead: I suppose I could get one of them to do it once it's up on their wall. It was my very first try at quilting and I'm very pleased with it. I think if anyone was wanting to start quilting then a panel is the best way to start. The advent calender panels have all the instructions printed on the spare fabric and are very easy to follow. It's not to late though if you wanted a panel for Christmas; there are other Christmassy ones like a Snowman, Santa etc. I have a Nativity one I plan to start for myself. I recon once you have done the first one the rest are a lot quicker to complete. Also you don't need a special or expensive sewing machine to do the panels; I used my Janome Mini...
    Be happy put off till tomorrow what you just don't want to do today :giggle:

craftycat Guest

I am on the final stages of a Christmas scenes panel. About 18" by 24", Angels, Wise men, manger scene plus some cute animals. I have hand stitched mine as the shapes were too fiddly to do on a sewing machine. Will use my sewing machine to back it though. That job should be done tomorrow with a bit of luck.

Next quilting job after that is a set of 8 cushions with celtic designs. Really should finish my big blackwork picture first (been on the go for the last 10 years off and on). Need the cushions though as the final touch for the lounge when I redecorate it next spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftycat View Post
    I am on the final stages of a Christmas scenes panel. About 18" by 24", Angels, Wise men, manger scene plus some cute animals. I have hand stitched mine as the shapes were too fiddly to do on a sewing machine. Will use my sewing machine to back it though. That job should be done tomorrow with a bit of luck.

Next quilting job after that is a set of 8 cushions with celtic designs. Really should finish my big blackwork picture first (been on the go for the last 10 years off and on). Need the cushions though as the final touch for the lounge when I redecorate it next spring.
    You are nearly as bad as me. I started knitting a jumper in 1985 and it still isn't finished!

craftycat Guest

Never mind Budgie, it will be back in fashion soon!

Quilted panel is nearly done now, just backing to be done. Had a shock last night when I measured it up. The panel is nearer 24"x36". No wonder it took a while to stitch.

As I am up to date with card making now I think I might spend some crafting time on the blackwork.