Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crochet- is it easy?

Post Thanks / Like

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alice3_2009 View Post
    Aha, I'm not so stupid after all. Tunisian crochet is done on a long Afghan hook!

No wonder I was confuddled!

And this is what it is http://www.craftycrafty.tv/2007/09/t...n_crochet.html
    Yep you are right although when I bought my hooks they were sold as Tunisian work hooks.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a look at the link below, you will see how tunisian crochet is done.

http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/crochetondoub.html

Post Thanks / Like

I still haven't managed to find the new mag. I did look at the subscription online but for what you pay you can afford one-to-one tution! My MIL does lovely crochet and did try to teach my friend and me. My friend picked it up in 5 mins flat. Me? No-way could I get it and my MIL and I, for the sake of our quite cordial relationship, have never discussed any teaching sessions again!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it advertised on the tv after the first issue it said it would be 2.99. and there are 120 issues. total approx £360!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    I saw it advertised on the tv after the first issue it said it would be 2.99. and there are 120 issues. total approx £360!
    I know that's why I'm just getting a few issues for the first binder and save the rest of the money for a cricut ! ;):D
    Fab

My Kimtag Profile ! :)

Purplepig Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alice3_2009 View Post
    Aha, I'm not so stupid after all. Tunisian crochet is done on a long Afghan hook!

No wonder I was confuddled!

And this is what it is http://www.craftycrafty.tv/2007/0/tunisian_crochet.html

That gives a lovely effect, never heard of it before.

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet always reminds me of those dolly things that cover your toilet roll - although I am sure you're not going to make any of those LOL:D

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rentochops View Post
    Crochet always reminds me of those dolly things that cover your toilet roll - although I am sure you're not going to make any of those LOL:D
    Argh, CC screams as a horrid memory surfaces. My mother in law was a great fan of crafting but not very well up when it came to understanding colour, what worked, what didn't.

One of my first Christmas presents from her was a toilet roll cover, horrid cheap doll thing at the top, skirt (the crochet bit) in avocado and fawn. BLEUGH. To be fair avocado was the in colour for bathrooms way back then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftycat View Post
    Argh, CC screams as a horrid memory surfaces. My mother in law was a great fan of crafting but not very well up when it came to understanding colour, what worked, what didn't.

One of my first Christmas presents from her was a toilet roll cover, horrid cheap doll thing at the top, skirt (the crochet bit) in avocado and fawn. BLEUGH. To be fair avocado was the in colour for bathrooms way back then.
    Gross!!My auntie had one in pink and red with loads of lace! More gross!!