Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decopatch

Post Thanks / Like

Question Decopatch

I keep seeing ads for this - it seems to be actually what decoupage really is in the true sense of the word - i.e using scraps to adorn household items - has anyone tried this?

Post Thanks / Like

I've just googled it cos I hadn't heard of it - coo! You can even buy the papier mache objects to decorate. You're right though ROC, it's the original, Victorian decoupage. I suppose these days it'd be more thought of as Altered Arts (I just found a phone that's been decopatched)
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm now you mention it, I have seen a large (i.e. about 5 foot tall) giraffe being decopatched in the past, I think at a craft trade show.

It did look good, but the giraffe (and other knick knacks) quota in this house has already been filled :D

Post Thanks / Like

Decopatch is what i used for the box in July's card swap, and yes our craft shop had a large giraffe that had been decopatched too :)

Post Thanks / Like

I will have a look RW - so it's true decoupage then as opposed to 3D pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

It's something I keep wanting to try. I've got a book on it and it always looks beautiful.

Anne Guest

We sell Decopatch in the shop. :) You can get some stunning papers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rentochops View Post
    I keep seeing ads for this - it seems to be actually what decoupage really is in the true sense of the word - i.e using scraps to adorn household items - has anyone tried this?
    I used to decoupage furniture years ago, it is what decoupage originally was.

You paint a blank surface then add your paper scraps, then do layer and layer of varnish, rubbing them back between layers to get a 3d effect.

I was really confused when I saw the QVC version, think this has all been made up in the last 15 yrs !!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of the vicotian scrap screens that they used to do. I would love to do a project like that but I stick to photoframes and nice papers.

Post Thanks / Like

I get all my Decopatch bits from artyfect.com/decopatch-supplies

Good website, they do one hell of a lot of products!