Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decopatch

Post Thanks / Like

I did a class on this years ago. They called it decoupage. You painted a papier mache box with emulsion, let it dry, stuck any old picture you liked on & then brushed on PVA glue over the whole of the top of the box , keep brushing on layers of PVA letting it dry thoroughly in between coats until the design looks completely flat and part of the box - I didn't explain that very well but hopefully you know what I mean - I can't remember if the PVA was watered down. You also need to keep it covered while drying as any dust/tiny hairs will stick & spoil the effect.

Post Thanks / Like

That's it! I've seen it done only the once and it's something I thought looked amazing! I do not remember the lady who did this - I'm still new to the crafting demonstrators and people - But they are people just like us, who love to craft, in which medium they choose :-) And that is one of the things that I enjoy about meeting and talking to people - oh and I just love it when you get guests or presenters on C&C that obviously love what they do! (and even make the usual human errors we all do - I LOVE that cos then I don't feel such an idiot!!) But I've gone of on a tangent......!!!!!

I have seen the big letters that have been decoupaged and I believe now I think, that Deco-patch is the name of the company??? Either way, it's also great fun to do x

Post Thanks / Like

Hobby craft has just opened in Orpington and one of the staff was decopatch(ing) a 3 ft high giraffe!
    I bought mine from Lexcrafts at a show beginning of last year and made three or four pressies and still have enough papers and glue over to do at least four more...If you have a Hobbycraft near you they may well also be selling this. You can purchase the figurs (all shapes and sizes), papers and the glue seperatley or in a kit...

Post Thanks / Like

They've got a big horse in Tindalls in Ely that they're slowly deco patching and have started to supply the depatch stuff, which is nice. My girl had fun crafting together with me deco patching a little dinosaur figure