Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Oversight" regarding Free Gift P&P!

Purplepig Guest

Exclamation "Oversight" regarding Free Gift P&P!

I have been told some quite interesting news today by IW customer services - the 'proper' one not the overseas call centre - which you may want to know. (I was out so she left a message).

I'll start off by saying that I don't complain about the P&P charges for craft stuff from C&C/IW as I always use the multi-line £7.99 maximum when I order, and I'm of the opinion that at least they do something to cap the charge unlike QVC who charge per item, and I have defended them on this point.

Here goes and I apologise for it being rather long-winded! :o

When I gave in and ordered some Hunky Dory stuff in Jan, I remembered to add the Xyron Club Free Gift as it had been mentioned on here. The P&P came up as £12.98 but I wasn't too bothered as the figures shown on screen aren't always right and are usually adjusted by the time they take the payment (in my experience anyway). Well the total cost didn't change so I emailed CS to query the extra £4.99 charge. I duly had a call from an 'overseas' agent to tell me that it was the P&P on the free gift - I tried to explain that previous free gifts had been included in the multi-line p&P charge and asked whether there had been any recent changes to this.

Of course as is usual, I didn't get anywhere so I sent an email last night "FAO David Peck, Head of CS" (it's his name is on the invoices) explaining my query; asking for info about any change in policy re the free gift and P&P; and also taking the opportunity to comment (politely) about the appalling overseas call centre!

The agent called on his behalf (wow that was quick) to clarify that I had indeed been charged correctly as the post and packing for the free gift is not included within the multi-line p&p and never has been! ... and if I had not been charged seperate p&p for previous free gifts .... then this must have been an oversight and was not correct! She then gave her number for me to call back, should I want to discuss the matter further ..... needless to say - I don't!

All I can say is - it's a good job it was a decent gift this time or I would be spitting feathers (sorry Budgie!) and complaining further! I won't be ordering the Club Gift again unless it's worth the postage charge

I thought you should all know as it has been very hit and miss as to whether peeps have been charged or not and I was definately mistaken about it. :(

Purplepig Guest

ha! I've just realised that this is my 'punishment' for breaking my jan-craft-ban with this order! :(

Post Thanks / Like

What a bliddy cheek! How can it be a free gift, if it can't be included in multiline p&p! I will have to check if i was charged, I only order the 'free' gift if i am already paying £7.99, as a way to recoup some of the money!

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

They can stick their carpy non free free gift up their backside then. I never think it's worth even the cost of the postage alone, so definitely wouldn't order it if I had to pay minimum of £4.95 to receive it.

Post Thanks / Like

I added one to an order last month and it came up as combined P&P. I only added it as it wasn't going to make any difference to the P&P I was being charged. Just been on the site and created a basket and added the Xyron to see what P&P came up - £7.99 for the 3 items.

Methinks C&C customer services don't know what they are talking about - again!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't ever remember being charged extra p&p for the freebie and I have NEVER seen anything in writing about the free gift not qualifing for the capped postage.

They give with one hand and take it away in the other, not all that happy about it as I know all of you aren't either.

had my moan - feel better now. Will have to look back on orders and check now

Vic x

Post Thanks / Like

I had it in my basket once, then as they didn't have what I really really wanted didn't do the order, but they added the Xyron's postage in as an extra :(

Having said that, a wee while ago I ordered a lot of craft stuff and tacked on some make-up and it all came for 7.99 :D

Post Thanks / Like

i wasn't charged p and p with any of the three freebies i ordered. In fac`t, I'm `sure Stephanie said to make sure that u add it 2 your order. I certainly won't be ordering it again thats for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lynnieb View Post
    i wasn't charged p and p with any of the three freebies i ordered. In fac`t, I'm `sure Stephanie said to make sure that u add it 2 your order. I certainly won't be ordering it again thats for sure.
    They ought to watch how they advertise this on live shows - it's not a free gift at all! It wouldn't be the first time they have tripped over advertising standards!

I think this is very tight indeed by quite typical of the corporate behemouth that is Ideal World!

Post Thanks / Like

I spent some Christmas money on 2 items and thought why not add the free Xyron as the multi line p&p would only up it by £1 so did it and it went through all ok - the funny thing about it all is that each item came as an individual items , one by courier for the free item !!! - the others direct by RM but on different days

So not sure you why they say it should be £4.99 ??
    Suzanne x