Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid Ink Question Alert......!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fenpeper View Post
    I do a lot of photography and so wanted a printer with separate cartridges. My Epson uses 6 ink cartridges. I do use compatible ink cartridges but only Jet-Tec. It saves me about £30 each time. I have had huge problems with other brands of compatible ink but Jet-Tec is no different from the Epson cartridges.
    That's useful to know Fenpeper, thanks for the tip!
    My OH also does a lot of photography & although he prefers taking over the kitchen & splashing about in chemicals, he also does a fair bit of digital photography! :)
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine's an Epson and the inks from Prink. It has worked fine until a second ago when it said the printer didn't recognise the magenta cartridge which I put in yesterday.

Do you think my laptop has learned to read?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Kodak printer a couple of months ago purely because the cartridges are the cheapest ones. I've found that the cartridges seem to last far longer than my old Lexmark ones. Only problem I've found is it's one of those suck it around the rollers printers so it will only print up to about 220gsm.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had an epson and now use a canon and alway use compatibles never had any bother I always get the carts from the same place so I know the quality is good

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke too soon. This is a new batch I'm using now which were in a different box and I've had loads of trouble. I've emailed Prink to tell them!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genierose View Post
    I bought a Kodak printer a couple of months ago purely because the cartridges are the cheapest ones. I've found that the cartridges seem to last far longer than my old Lexmark ones. Only problem I've found is it's one of those suck it around the rollers printers so it will only print up to about 220gsm.
    Oh, you're kidding.......nooooooooo! :(
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alice3_2009 View Post
    I spoke too soon. This is a new batch I'm using now which were in a different box and I've had loads of trouble. I've emailed Prink to tell them!
    Sowwy Alice, my comments obviously jinxed your printer.....! :o :(

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmm, as I said the new magenta replacement was put in yesterday afternoon and now it's calling for a replacement!

I've hardly printed anything as I've been faffing about with Master Card Builder... this may be my first ebay sale!

Reply from Prink

The need for head cleans after installing a cartridge does not indicate that a cartridge is faulty. Air can sometimes get trapped in the neck of the cartirdge at installation which can stop the ink from flowing to the print head. This is a common occurrence with both genuine and compatible cartridges and is caused by a limitation on the design of the printer itself.
    If you refer to your printer manual then you find that it tells you that you should perform up to 4 successive head cleaning cycles. If the nozzle check patterns are still poor after the 4th cycle then you should switch off the printer and leave it for at least 6 hours before switching it back on and testing again. This allows any trapped air in the ink supply to disperse naturally and it resets the head cleaning facility back to its default shallow level. If you do not switch off the printer after the 4th head clean then it will go into a very deep cleaning cycle and use virtually all the ink in the cartridges. Once the cartridges are empty then the printer will not be able to recognise them

This may be of help to others
    Last edited by Alice3_2009; 04-03-2010 at 04:17 PM.

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by genierose View Post
    With some "up and over" printers, you can feed heavier card in through the back of the machine. The place where you have to remove a cover to get rid of blockages. I'd forgotten about doing this until someone else on this forum mentioned it. I think you have to make sure the feed tray is empty.:D