Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knitting needle sizes

Post Thanks / Like

I joked with my 7 year old tonight who loves Harry Hill. I said look auntie may gave me knitting needles i am going to knit a knitted character like they have on Harry Hill, his face lit up and he replied in and excited voice "REALLY"

I was only kidding but I know he is going to keep asking me. I never learn.

I had a brother knitting machine years ago but it was an ugly looking thing and took up so much room but it did rattle up garments quick, sometimes I would go so fast i nearly took off lol I may have exagerated there to make it sound faster ha ha

Post Thanks / Like

Know a lady that knits these toys and can get you a copy of the pattern if you want.

Lauraine
    http://mobilecrafts.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobilecrafts View Post
    Know a lady that knits these toys and can get you a copy of the pattern if you want.

Lauraine
    http://mobilecrafts.blogspot.com/
    Oh yes please my son kills himself laughing at them.A friend sent me a really old pattern for a knitted kids rock band. It made me laugh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craftyweebee View Post
    ... I can also remember a trend at one time to knit with one huge wooden needle and one normal sized one to give a very loose knit garment - you could rattle off a jumper in no time - can't remember what the technique was called, maybe someone will remind me.
    This technique was called oddpin knitting.