Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Envelopes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Envelopes?

I wondered if any of you used special envelopes for decoupage cards?
    I made some decoupage Easter cards & used the Anita's expandable envelopes, which were OK but not great tbh, as they don't really 'expand' evenly & they certainly don't 'stick' - looked a bit scruffy having to post them off with a strip of sellotape to keep them closed?
    Or do you all just squash them into standard envelopes?
    :thinking:
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of both - depending on the depth (& the recipient/commission) I might go to the trouble of making my own boxvelope/envelobox (pick which term you prefer!). If my pre-made envelope is roomy enough, I may just cut a piece of bubble wrap to fit over the front of the card for a little protection.

For the record, I tend to whack a bit of cellotape on most envelopes in general cos I just don't quite trust them to stay stuck down throughout the journey!
    Last edited by Wellington; 06-04-2010 at 02:40 PM.
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

Me too Welly, but usually I hand deliver these cards wherever possible. They're usually heavier and cost more to post... means I get a ride out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
    Bit of both - depending on the depth (& the recipient/commission) I might go to the trouble of making my own boxvelope/envelobox (pick which term you prefer!). If my pre-made envelope is roomy enough, I may just cut a piece of bubble wrap to fit over the front of the card for a little protection.

For the record, I tend to whack a bit of cellotape on most envelopes in general cos I just don't quite trust them to stay stuck down throughout the journey!
    Thanks Welly, that's pretty much the conclusion I had come to - glad to hear you use a bit of sellotape too, also the bubblewrap idea - I wondered about this myself but didn't want to make a tacky 'crafting faux pas'! lol

Am still on the lookout for the Enveloper Ultimate (I think it is?), the one with the additional stencils & box envelope feature - it must be for sale somewhere in the UK surely? :(
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. Now trying to remember some posts on here a while back. I have the original Ultimate from Crafters Companion which was preceeded by their Envloper Pro & separate Top Score board. The Ultimate was superceeded by the Ultimate Pro (last year? I've lost track), which has poss made the Enveloper Pro & Top Score a little more difficult to source. What I'm actually trying to remember is whether you can make up enveloboxes with the Enveloper Pro?

You can definitely make enveloboxes on the both styles of Ultimate though (one of the reason I bought mine when it was launched just about 3yrs ago) - but of course they're a lot more expensive than a single board as they're multi-functional.
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping one will eventually appear on ebay (they occasionally do!) & I might try & nab it......I am a 'super sniper'! lol
    Otherwise, I will have to wait as I want so many things & 40 quid is a lot to shell out for making envelopes & boxalopes! Eek!
    (Probably costs half that amount in the US.......*snarl*)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_with_claws View Post
    Thanks Welly, that's pretty much the conclusion I had come to - glad to hear you use a bit of sellotape too, also the bubblewrap idea - I wondered about this myself but didn't want to make a tacky 'crafting faux pas'! lol

Am still on the lookout for the Enveloper Ultimate (I think it is?), the one with the additional stencils & box envelope feature - it must be for sale somewhere in the UK surely? :(

I the Ultimate - so have the enveloper and score board for sale, PM me if interested.

Summer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_with_claws View Post
    I wondered if any of you used special envelopes for decoupage cards?
    I made some decoupage Easter cards & used the Anita's expandable envelopes, which were OK but not great tbh, as they don't really 'expand' evenly & they certainly don't 'stick' - looked a bit scruffy having to post them off with a strip of sellotape to keep them closed?
    Or do you all just squash them into standard envelopes?
    :thinking:
    I must admit I am struggling a bit with envelopes aswell. I seem to have hundreds of premade envelopes that are too small for the cards I have made recently. I haven't posted any of my 'creations' yet and have got by, by making my own boxelope type thingy template but obviously only suitable for one size card, doh! Also made one at the weekend using the Martha stewart score board but am struggling with the american sizes.

Mmmmm! no help am I - sorry!! Still got a load of my problems of my chest selfish :devil: i am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    I must admit I am struggling a bit with envelopes aswell. I seem to have hundreds of premade envelopes that are too small for the cards I have made recently. I haven't posted any of my 'creations' yet and have got by, by making my own boxelope type thingy template but obviously only suitable for one size card, doh! Also made one at the weekend using the Martha stewart score board but am struggling with the american sizes.

Mmmmm! no help am I - sorry!! Still got a load of my problems of my chest selfish :devil: i am
    I was quite interested in the MS scoreboard/envelope maker but like you, wondered about the sizing but then, as i like to cut & score my own cards (& can therefore have whatever size card i wish! lol), I guess it wouldn't matter if they didn't correspond to UK sizes! lol

I haven't bought any standard envelopes yet as I don't want to be 'restricted', as I have decided that, apart from DL, I prefer square cards, in various sizes.......not necessarily those that are a 'standard' envelope size either!

See, I'm even less help.......! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Know this isn't decoupage but I recently bought some box envelopes from the Glitter Pot, as I don't have an envelope maker and couldn't fit those 3D paper roses from Wild Orchid Crafts into a normal envelope. They're good quality and provide a nice, smart solution (unlike some rubbish ones I bought from QVC some time ago.) 6x6 are now out of stock unfortunately. My one gripe with the Glitter Pot is that I'd say as much as 90% of the stuff I go to buy from them is sold out, which makes me think they could make even more money if they bought in larger quantities.

http://www.theglitterpot.co.uk/scrip...idCategory=310

xx