Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I made!

Anne Guest

Smile Look what I made!

I know that strictly speaking this should be in the gallery or the one I made earlier sections, but I wanted to christen the Parchment Craft section! I went to a parchment class at the shop yesterday, and this is what I created.

Some of the ink work doesn't stand up to close inspection, but I'm really quite chuffed as it's the first time I've ever done any parchment craft.

BTW if anyone knows how I can get rid of the "free image hosting at imageshack" bit I'd be very grateful. I've used imageshack for years and this has only started appearing in the last couple of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW Anne! If that's your first attempt at parchment it's absolutely amazing!!
    Well done to you, are you going to carry on doing parchment now? It would be a shame not to as you're obviously very good at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Pam Guest

That's beautiful Anne - I love parchment craft it looks so delicate.
    Well done you.

Post Thanks / Like

It's really beautiful Anne, well done!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats stunning Anne, very well done, did it take very long?

I still remember Tess and her beautiful parchment cards, how she managed to give them away i dont know, they must have taken her hours!

Anne Guest

Thank you for your kind comments ladies.

PP - I will do it again, possibly another class which would be a different project. I might ask for a kit for Christmas.

RW - 3 hours! Tracing the image in the first instance is time-consuming, and then you have to do the embossing which is different to embossing with a stencil as the parchment needs to be warmed first before you apply pressure so it's quite a slow process.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Thank you for your kind comments ladies.

PP - I will do it again, possibly another class which would be a different project. I might ask for a kit for Christmas.

RW - 3 hours! Tracing the image in the first instance is time-consuming, and then you have to do the embossing which is different to embossing with a stencil as the parchment needs to be warmed first before you apply pressure so it's quite a slow process.
    Just as i thought Anne, so time consuming, the result is fabulous, but will you be able to part with it?? :D

Post Thanks / Like

*Applause* Anne that is beautiful :) And in only 3 hours? Christine Coleman seems to make it sound as if it should take weeks to produce something that detailed.
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Anne Guest

You know how usually a photograph of a card doesn't do it justice? Well, in this case it has deffo enhanced my work. And I'm not just being modest! :D But I do thank you all for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
    *Applause* Anne that is beautiful :) And in only 3 hours? Christine Coleman seems to make it sound as if it should take weeks to produce something that detailed.
    This first card was obviously just getting us used to the basic techniques. There were two of us newbies in the class and the other four were regulars - they were making a six-tier Christmas tree.

I got the impression that our teacher doesn't think particularly highly of Christine Coleman.