Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I made!

Post Thanks / Like

That`s absolutely gorgeous - well done.If that`s your first attempt how stunning will the next one be?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Anne;9115]You know how usually a photograph of a card doesn't do it justice? Well, in this case it has deffo enhanced my work. And I'm not just being modest! :D But I do thank you all for your kind words.

This first card was obviously just getting us used to the basic techniques. There were two of us newbies in the class and the other four were regulars - they were making a six-tier Christmas tree.

I got the impression that our teacher doesn't think particularly highly of Christine Coleman.[/QUOTE]

Oh really, all her cards, assuming she has done all the samples i see on tv, look very beautiful to me

Anne Guest

Oh really, all her cards, assuming she has done all the samples i see on tv, look very beautiful to me[/QUOTE]

I have to admit to never having watched Christine Coleman or having seen any of her work - I just know of her and that she does parchment craft. Our teacher didn't say anything derogatory regarding her work at all, it was more the look on her face and the "hmmmm" on the couple of occasions that CC was mentioned. Maybe I read it wrong, but that's the impression I got.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats lovely , you must be proud,I must have a go at parchment , that is about the only craft I haven't tried yet

Post Thanks / Like

That's stunning, especially as it is your first attempt at Parchemnt Craft. I must admit I find watching Christine Coleman on C&C very addictive, but I just don't have the patience for the time needed to do PC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phree View Post
    I just don't have the patience for the time needed to do PC.
    I think I have the patience, but it takes so long that I'd be fed up of doing the same technique/project. I can't begin to imagine how CC apparently just does parchment craft all the time - it'd drive me potty.
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Anne, that really is beautiful! You must be so proud. I know I would be!

I think three hours is quick to produce something so lovely & professional looking, especially for your first one. (When I think of how long it takes me to make a card, largely because of all the "faff time" looking for exactly the piece of paper I want or comparing 6 different almost identical embellishments...) I hope you manage to convince people to buy some nice parchment craft supplies for Christmas.:)

icebubble Guest

Well done Anne your card is gorgeous.

Post Thanks / Like

That card is stunning Anne, I wouldn't part with it if I were you. Well done, makes me wonder what you will make next.

Anne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CaramelBunny View Post
    Anne, that really is beautiful! You must be so proud. I know I would be!

I think three hours is quick to produce something so lovely & professional looking, especially for your first one. (When I think of how long it takes me to make a card, largely because of all the "faff time" looking for exactly the piece of paper I want or comparing 6 different almost identical embellishments...) I hope you manage to convince people to buy some nice parchment craft supplies for Christmas.:)
    Thank you CB. Oh gawd though, don't talk to me about faff time - I am the Queen of Faff. That's the thing about going to a class though - you're told what to do and there's no time for faffing. :)