Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: June Card Swap Received

Post Thanks / Like

Superb card, Lynne,

I don't have a brayer (yet) but hope that when I do get one I can create something as lovely as you have!

Kind regards,
    Beth.

Post Thanks / Like

That is the simple version Beth. The hills were done with torn paper and a make up sponge. I find it sooooo much easier than the brayer.
    My Crafty Little Blog - Lots of Claritystamp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LynneH View Post
    That is the simple version Beth. The hills were done with torn paper and a make up sponge. I find it sooooo much easier than the brayer.
    Ohhhhhh! Methinks I could be having a play at the weekend once the working week is over and I can find some me time!!! I hadn't even thought about using that method, even though I've watched Barbara doing it! :taphead:

Whatever method you used, your card is brilliant, Lynne :clapping:

Kind regards,
    Beth.

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Lynne your card is gorgeous. I love that balloon, it must have been quite fiddly getting that precidse like that.

Summer Guest

Really beautiful card Lynne. I also really like the way you have created the background. :clapping:

How did you do the background where the hills continue from the main part of the card onto the middle part of the card with the balloon? Do you do create the background with the smaller piece of card that you mat/layer later on?

not quite sure if i've explained myself really but I just wondered in which order did you do all the elements?

Post Thanks / Like

stunning card Lynne, i love how you have got the background to marry up with the main image, stunning

Post Thanks / Like

that is beautiful :D and the background is stunning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    How did you do the background where the hills continue from the main part of the card onto the middle part of the card with the balloon? Do you do create the background with the smaller piece of card that you mat/layer later on?
    I stamped the trees on the main card first.

Then I stamped the balloon on the small square of card and masked it off.

Then I got some greaseproof paper and placed over my card.

I then placed the small square of card where it was going to end up and stamped the trees. The greaseproof allowed me to see what I was doing but not get any more ink on the base card.

Then I removed the greaseproof paper and used some repositionable tape to secure the small square back in the centre of the card.

Then I sponged the hills...................phew!

Then I took it off and matted it onto the purple card that was cut with a Nestie.

It was the first time I had done it and when I assmebled it I thought the foreground needed to be a bit darker so I stamped a few more trees to make it darker. This would have been better if I'd done it before, but it was a prototype.

I hope that makes sense.
    My Crafty Little Blog - Lots of Claritystamp.

Summer Guest

Many thanks for great description Lynne,

I absolutely know that I am not up to this level at the moment, but do want to have a go. Hope you don't mind - I copied and saved your description into a folder so I have it when i'm brave enough to have a go, and when I have the right stamp - which I don't at the moment!.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous card Lynne, thanks for the tutorial, I was trying to work out how you had done it lol! Think it will convert to a lovely Xmas card as well.