Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Cinch Project

Post Thanks / Like

Default My First Cinch Project

I've just finished my first Cinch project. I've bound together the cards that come with the Page Maps book. I thought they would be a lot easier to look through. I made a few mistakes but I'm pleased with it for a first effort. Next time I will know to make the covers a bit wider as I made the mistake of making them the same size as the cards. It looks OK but it would have been better if they were a bit wider.

How is everyone covering the chipboard please? I covered the chipboard with PVA and then stuck the paper on. It was a bit messy though and I can see it being quite awkward on the larger boards.

My Crafty Little Blog - Lots of Claritystamp.

icebubble Guest

That is gorgeous Lynne and such a lovely book to keep on your desk for reference. I love all the special things people are making and it's giving me tons of inspiration. Your front cover is beautifully created and such gorgeous colours. You should be really pleased with your first project. x

I used DST and made sure it was flat and smooth and it was easy to use but I've only made 6x6 size books so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you just use the DST around the edges please IB? I noticed when you did yours that you turned the edges over and did the back too, but I went for the easy option. LOL! I just covered the front with paper and stamped on the other side.

icebubble Guest

I made the front cover slightly larger than the chipboard cover and first of all laid the chipboard on the paper and folded the excess over to get an impression of where the actual square of the front cover would be. Then I put DST around the edges of the 'square' and a piece diagonally in the middle of the cover. I pressed down and made sure this was neat and smooth. Then left with the excess paper on all four sides I tried to mitre the corners put tape pen on the excess and folded and smoothed down. This gives you a neat edge all around the book. Next I measured and cut a square of card or paper to fit the back side of the front cover and when this is stuck down hides all of the folding and sticking leaving a neat finish. I just need to learn how to mitre the corners as mine were very hit and miss. I hope I've explained that ok shout if I can help. x

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you IB. I might try that next time if I feel brave enough. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

That's absolutely beautiful Lynne, I adore those colours, it looks very posh & professional, you must be well chuffed!
    So nice to see that an item actually works for a change & everybody is already producing some brilliantly imaginitive works of art with the Cinch! :star:
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

...in the land where the Bong-tree grows....
    Post Thanks / Like

That's brilliant lynne! Very arty! I was looking at the shabby sheek/altered chipboard books on You Tube. Very nice.
    Adore the way you have used different lettering on the front.
    Might have to have a go for my page maps! LOL
    The trouble is I always end up doing projects for other people and forget about myself!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's really beautiful.

What is a page map please, sorry for being such a dim wit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanTheNan View Post
    It's really beautiful.

What is a page map please, sorry for being such a dim wit?
    They're sketches for scrapbook pages, Jan. They're great for when you're lacking in inspiration, which for me is most of the time! :grin:

Post Thanks / Like

another great thingy :up: (sorry busy day, so I'm loosing words) using the cinch, and I'm not giving in and buying one