Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini Book made with Cinch

icebubble Guest

Default Mini Book made with Cinch

I made my first mini book last night using The Cinch. Up until now I've only made cards so this was something entirely different for me. I really enjoyed making it and think this tool will be really useful. Thanks for looking. x

If I can get to grips with how to do it and make something that I was pleased with straight away anyone can use this tool not that I'm trying to tempt anybody!

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, how lovely Icebubble - I'm going to put the Cinch on my 'secondary want list' (stuff I wouldn't mind having when I've bought everything I really need! lol) - it looks a lot of fun & decent ringbound books are so stupidly expensive to buy, it's not as expensive as you'd think outlay wise & of course totally customisable to your needs!

That's fab IB, was it tricky to judge getting the right amount of pressure to close the wires, I'm not good with judging distance & pressure? (Mentally imagines squished wires.....! lol)

DD could've just done with one of those for her most recent college project actually & I bet smaller DD wouldn't mind a play with it for her art stuff either.......see how I'm now talking it up into a 'useful & fun tool for the whole family to enjoy'........? lol
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

icebubble Guest

Thanks for the lovely comments Kitten. That's exactly what I thought if you go in a shop and buy a fancy notebook they are extremely expensive and with 3 teenage daughters and all their friends the present idea was one of my main reasons for getting it. I also thought I could use up some of the stuff I've accumulated but that's another story!

This was my first go at anything like this and once I got in my head what I was doing it was quite easy. To cinch the wires I turned the machine so you are looking at the end and can see as the wires close down. I held the wire in place with my left hand, pulled the handle down with my right and watched as it was closing. I took it out and decided to close the wires further so just put the book back in place and slowly closed it a bit more until I was happy with it. I think as long as you are looking at what is happening and take it slow and steady you should have no problem.

Yes I love the way you are talking yourself into it lol, that's what I do. I agree though for school and college projects etc it would be useful. My eldest is heading into sixth form so I bought it for her really!

Post Thanks / Like

That is fab IB.
    I don't have the Cinch but OH bought me the BIA for Christmas and I've not yet tried it yet but you've given me inspiration, thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Bubble Head, it's lovely :)

Summer Guest

That's fab IB. Thanks for posting the pics, I am all of a dither over whether to get this or not.

Post Thanks / Like

That's wonderful IB!!

I just don't think I'll have a use for one of those ......... unless ........... hmmmmmmm LOL

...in the land where the Bong-tree grows....
    Post Thanks / Like

Icebubble that is BRILLIANT!!! Loving it!
    Can't wait to have a go with mine - need to get it out the box first!!!
    I know I will use it loads of times and I have nothing else like it.
    Just need to find some time to play! VERY soon!
    For the covers of your book - did you use the ones that came with it?

Post Thanks / Like

That's gorgeous Icebubble. What a fab idea, I always have scraps of paper with card ideas etc. on and I leave them all over the place.

I love the image too, who's it by please?
    My Crafty Little Blog - Lots of Claritystamp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LynneH View Post
    That's gorgeous Icebubble. What a fab idea, I always have scraps of paper with card ideas etc. on and I leave them all over the place.

I love the image too, who's it by please?
    Hi Lynne

It's one of the La Pashe Flippin Women images (Crafting) and they are half price here http://www.classycrafts.co.uk/Stamps...prod_1910.html at the moment. The site says they have 6 in stock, so you might just catch one! I ordered some of these yesterday and can't wait for them to arrive. There's also a 10% discount off your first order, so a real bargain to be had!

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Beth.