Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which is the most useful Nestie set?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, just to add that if I get both the circle sets, large scalloped and large regular, there will only be 1/4 inch increment in the matting and layering. Is this enough to give a good mat and layered look? I've seen some examples of cards when the scallops look very narrow and are barely visible, this is not a look I want on my cards! Thank you for any comments/help.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Rachel, it's a bit difficult for me to offer personal advice as I can just use whatever I want...then hide from Susan :giggle:...but judging from what our customers buy, the mega curved rectangles and classic & scalloped large circles are always very popular so I can't see you going too far wrong with these.

Of the more fancy dies, Labels Four is also very popular, as is Blossom, perhaps becasue these are more "simple" fancy dies and therefore lend themselves to more applications.
    Rich
    www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk
    Your Forum Outlet for all your crafting needs :)
    TWITTER
    BLOG

* FREE UK P&P No Minimum Order *

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you CraftyRich, you've held me make my mind up! I've decided to settle on the large classic and scalloped circles as I can see me using these a lot. Maybe next month, I'll go for Labels 10 and Labels 4 if I can afford it!

Post Thanks / Like

I have just sat & cross-referenced all the various Nesties to compare sizes for about two hours (& now my head hurts! lol) & think I have decided on those I like best! (So difficult to pick which ones to go for to start with when you haven't got any! lol)
    I think I'm going to get 3 sets of the labels to start with, as I have bought a few of those from eBay for stamping on (well, practising stamping on! lol) & I really like them! Then I'd like a couple (or three!) of the new ones when they arrive in August!
    So hard to choose though.......!
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some die cuts I bought that don't seem to correspond to any of either the Nesties sizes or Nellie Snellen die sizes - it is a scalloped oval, 3 1/2" x 5", does anyone know what it might be as I quite like it? :thinking:
    (It's too long to be a Nestie classic oval & too wide to be a Nestie mega oval IYSWIM?)
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_with_claws View Post
    I have some die cuts I bought that don't seem to correspond to any of either the Nesties sizes or Nellie Snellen die sizes - it is a scalloped oval, 3 1/2" x 5", does anyone know what it might be as I quite like it? :thinking:
    (It's too long to be a Nestie classic oval & too wide to be a Nestie mega oval IYSWIM?)
    That would be the petite scalloped ovals, my favourites. The petite refers to the size of the scallop not the size of the die

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette View Post
    That would be the petite scalloped ovals, my favourites. The petite refers to the size of the scallop not the size of the die
    Ooh, thank you so much Jeanette, now I know! lol
    Might have to get a couple of sets of those then, as I definitely like them the best!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've just gone and bought the Labels 10 set today simply because I wanted an oval shaped nestie, but wanted some that I could use for larger stamped images. I bought them from CraftyRich and they're on their way already. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your research KWC, I too am debating, I only have the small squares, but intend to get the large circle and large circle scallop to be going on with, then the square scallop. thanks
    http://simbablogspot.blogspot.com

hopefully this will link to my blog!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got the Label 10 and I highly recommend them. They don't need matting and layering, and are a really good size.