Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Victoria's Birthday Cards

Post Thanks / Like

Two more lovely cards there Victoria, a lovely extra birthday surprise! :flower:
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

they're great :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for you comments and especially to the swap members. It really was a birthday to remember. Every one has been oohing and aahing over your cards.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

And here's another one just arrived this morning! Thank you Joanne. What a sweet stamp, again expertly coloured with lightly distressed edges. Love it. xx

Post Thanks / Like

Aww, that's pretty too, what a mega cute stamp! :star:
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

that is pretty; I love the two rectangles in the background, very different from just a normal mat :up:

Post Thanks / Like

And here's yet another card received from HelenS. I've asked her to explain how she created the topper because my guesses might be totally off track. The texture is lovely, and I hope that the pics show the glittering properly. Thank you Helen for a lush card. XXX

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful card!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Victoria,
    Glad the card arrived safely and you like it - sorry it was late.
    I made the topper using my melt pot and Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE) and UTEE flex (to give pliability/durability). The molten mixture was poured out onto a heat resistent craft mat and an inked unmounted rubber stamp image pressed in and left to cool. Once cooled the rubber stamp peels away to leave the impressed image which I then highlighted with Glitter.
    This technique is demonstrated by Dawn on QVC when showing the melt pot.
    cheers
    Helen
    PS - Jan the Nans birthday card toppers (trio of flowers) was made using the same technique.