Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria's Birthday Cards

Post Thanks / Like

Default Victoria's Birthday Cards

Right then, I've taken a half day off today and I've had the most fun opening your wonderful cards. I feel really really spoilt! They're all so varied and I've tried to take pics that do them justice. So here goes.....

Maisie - decoupaged flowers
    Dips - Style is Eternal - with flocked background
    Spendsloads - Dimensional flowers within a frame
    Pam - delicate stitched flowers
    Satincollie - beautiful stamped and coloured image and background, also punched border

Post Thanks / Like

The second batch .....

Macey - elegant New York Style. Beautifully coloured and really grown up!
    Budgie - unusual card and matting shapes, lovely stamped and coloured image, shading around the card.
    Sugarplum - I've admired the cards on your blog for so long, and now I have one! Wonderful detail. Four mats underneath the image! Love the pin under the sentiment.
    Wins - big and impressive card. Unusual colours. You are so Tweet!
    Jan the Nan - scalloped nesties and a stitched butterfly. About 5 different coloured threads, all in the correct order (I've checked carefully!!).

Post Thanks / Like

The third batch ....

LoobyLou - this was the most difficult card to photograph, and I still don't think that I've managed to capture the delicate shimmer properly. This is a lovely elegant card again - gentle colours.
    Marzi - clever use of acetate with butterflies. Beautiful central image.
    Rainbowwand - I love the vibrant colours - very cheery, with a collage style stamped image over several mats.
    Icebubble - such a sweet image and lovely shading. The punched corners are very delicate and the gems set them off perfectly.
    Lothiancrafts - MS punch edging a mat with another unusual shaped mat for the cute stamped image.

Post Thanks / Like

A marvellous selection Victoria, I'm sure they helped make your day as extra special as my cards did when it was my birthday - there's nothing quite like sitting & opening a whole stack of handcrafted cards from lovely forum friends, is there, each one producing a new set of 'oohs' & 'ahhs' & then the closer inspection & mental list-making of all the things used you might now 'need' yourself! lol
    Beautiful cards ladies & enjoy the rest of your day Victoria! xx :flower:

Last batch are gorgeous too, I've just been admiring those as well!
    Last edited by kitten_with_claws; 02-09-2010 at 04:12 PM.
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

The last batch ....

Millburn - thank you for remembering that I like square cards! This was also difficult to photograph, but I hope that the 2 pics show the decoupage and how the chaise lounge opens. Very unusual card.
    Little Jan - another two pics, to show the double gatefold and then the inside. Black and white is always very elegant as this lovely card shows.
    LorraineJ - a summery card with a decoupaged flower, and also glittery accents. Hope the fine weather continues for a while.

Thank you all. I'm exhausted now!! Also noticed that I've written more about each card as I've posted them!!
    Last edited by Victoria; 02-09-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Goodness me, what a delight! Well done, ladies they are all beautiful! Hope you can sit down now, Victoria, and eat lots of birthday treats! Thanks for posting all these lovely cards.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards with us , hope you are having a fantastic day
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing them with us Victoria what a wonderful varied selection Did you notice the "happy accident" on mine ?Ive posted him on my blog now you have him and explain my faux pas over there Luckily it was only a few scallops and none of teds "bits" that I cut off!

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the photography difficulty victoria. I had just the same problem when I tried to take a pic before I sent it. I gave up in the end! I should have known it would muck me about cos if you could have seen the amount of discarded peacock ladies on my craft table the day I made that you would have thought so too. If it could go wrong, it bliddy well did.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely cards, hope you are having an equally lovely day.