Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Class with Tim Holtz

Post Thanks / Like

Default UK Class with Tim Holtz

On another forum I go on there is a very lively thread about Tim Holtz and some classes he will be holding in the UK early next year. They are being organised by Paper Artsy, all details on their website and the cost is £150 plus VAT for 4 hours with Tim and 2 further hours with two designers from Paper Artsy.

Im afraid it is way, way out of my price range but I thought I would post on here if anyone was interested. Tickets go on sale tonight on line I believe at 8pm. There are 4 classes over 2 days, no details as to how many in each class.

Post Thanks / Like

Good grief - have you read all the T&Cs that go with the scary scary prices? No large bags or scrapping totes allowed....
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

I hope everyone tells them where to go with this ridiculous class - don't they know people are struggling financially at the moment?
    The crafter formerly known as "the crafter formerly known as Blarf"! Ha ha!

Post Thanks / Like

I like TH and his tecniques but HELLO it's only bloody paper art Tim, and your only a regular guy, so drop the prices of your stuff and your classes and crawl down from up your own arse!
    http://simbablogspot.blogspot.com

hopefully this will link to my blog!

Post Thanks / Like

ps he's on at art from the heart as well, don't know if the charges will be the same

Post Thanks / Like

pps you can watch him for free tomorow on HSN they are having their 1st 24hr craft day apparently

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the classes advertised too - I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought the prices were extreme. I love most of TH's products and his techniques, but I don't think a four hour class is worth more than double what Barbara was charging for her workshops.

He has come over to the UK in February for at least the last two years, and made appearences at several shops as well as QVC. Let's hope the people who stump up for his classes get more than the usual 'distressed tags' and 'stickles/crackle' techniques that were repeated all day last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angela View Post
    I like TH and his tecniques but HELLO it's only bloody paper art Tim, and your only a regular guy, so drop the prices of your stuff and your classes and crawl down from up your own arse!
    Don't hold back now Angie, tell it like it is.......! LOL

The prices are ridiculous & the T&Cs even more so - fair enough you can't flog the tickets on (bet some appear on eBay though & unless you turn up with a passport how the hell would they know you weren't the original purchaser anyway?) but if you're unlucky enough to fall ill (or get run over by a bus or something!) they take a 10% cancellation fee from your refund & if within 4 weeks of the event & there is no-one on the waiting list for your ticket, you don't get a refund at all......!

Eh? Laughable! :mysmilie_507:
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

And that's 150 quid plus VAT.......& they don't even chuck in lunch for that........! :mysmilie_514:

Presumably the 'only 1 small bag allowed in the classroom' is so you don't pinch all the goodies......maybe they'll frisk you at the door too so you don't try & smuggle in a camera to take pics of the great man to flog to 'Hello!' magazine or summat.......! :mysmilie_507:
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Ow much? i got 5 plus hours of Lindsey Mason for nowt! at my local craft shop, she was there from 10 till 4 with a sort break for lunch. ok so not Tim Holts but blooming eck! £150 plus vat what planet are they on, although saying that i bet that the places are all booked up