Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Class with Tim Holtz

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't even pay that for 4 hours of Barbara!

Post Thanks / Like

they have other workshops covering a weekend £275 for those, although you do get fed and watered on these ones and all you need for the workshops, the Warrington on is in the De Vere Daresbury Hotel which is quite nice we have stayed there before, shame there wasnt a workshop on then i could have tried to sneak in lol

Post Thanks / Like

i booked 3 hours with sheena for £20
    The crafter formerly known as "the crafter formerly known as Blarf"! Ha ha!

Post Thanks / Like

:bandit::bandit::bandit:Tim Turpin!
    http://simbablogspot.blogspot.com

hopefully this will link to my blog!

icebubble Guest

The words too big for your boots springs to mind. Sorry but think I'll stick to Youtube and blogs and spend the money on craft goodies instead. I wouldn't pay that much for any craft demo or class to be honest but I'm sure lots of people will. They can only charge that amount if there are those willing to pay it I suppose. Good job we are all different!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blarf View Post
    i booked 3 hours with sheena for £20
    Bloody bargain! And quite possibly more entertaining IMHO
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta agree.......the price is ridiculous. Not sure who set it tho, we are assuming it's Sir Tim, but it might be the shop owner. Anyhow it's not a price I would be prepared to pay even if I had £150 to spare.

On the subject of small bags... I suspect they are more afraid of people trying to steal a "Sir Tim Original", saw a recent blog post on someones blog where that person was having to appeal for some of her samples to be returned after a workshop.... she seemed pretty sure they had been nicked and was saying "return them annoymously, and the matter is done with" or words to that effect. Pretty low thing to do really, stealing stuff from a workshop.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not justifying the cost of the event but would point out that this is to be full blown tutorial by TH and not the short demo you generally get when visits shops in February. Leandra Franich and Lin Brown will also be teaching.

The restriction on bag size is explained on Lin's blog and if you look at the photo from a previous weekend it becomes understandable. http://yoursartfully.blogspot.com/

Selling the tickets on could be to do with insurance, I'm going over to the shop shortly I'll check it out.

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever the reason MS it's still bloody expensive. 'Specially when you consider you can get him for free and gratis on Utube.
    Last edited by LoobyLou; 14-09-2010 at 07:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

He seems a nice unassuming guy when you see him on TV. I actually wonder how much of the fees will be profit..not much I suspect. having said that there is NO WAY I would cough for that unless I was much richer than I am :)