Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 21 September - 1pm - Craft gets Dimensional

Post Thanks / Like

My own personal view on the subject is that QVC will not change anything about they way they operate their craft department & why would they, it clearly works! (I don't like it but they obviosly do!)

If you think about it; they give ridiculous amounts of time to their jewellery, bag & bedding hours for example, letting the guests waffle on about nothing ad nauseum for hours on end, no rush, no pressure, yet storm through craft items with a 'right, out of time, onto the next item!' approach, why?

Because, apart from the 'baby beginner stuff' designed to hook in the newbies, the bulk of their items are kits & papers/cardstock in one form or another, with a few inks, stickles & punches thrown in for good measure; all stuff that more seasoned crafters just 'want', so they just 'buy' it regardless of the demos, or lack of them!
    Their target audience doesn't need convincing they need the latest Kanban kit or whatever but folk do need the time to be convinced they need another cr*ppy handbag or yet another set of bloomin' pillows.......!

DB herself will not change anything, I bet she's as happy as a pig in whatsit - she has managed to successfully introduce & promote Kanban as her mainstay favourite & (cover your ears Rosy-Ra! lol) & now (by a happy coincidence *cough splutter*) has found herself the perfect vehicle to promote & manufacture her own range of stamps, kits etc........! Change the way she works, yeah right.....!

QVC can't compete with C&C for the quality of their guests & demos & I'm sure they know that, so most of the time they don't even try! The only time they might come seriously unstuck would be if C&C improved their CS, got more stock in (a point QVC never fails to make snide comments on when given the chance!), offered a few more things on FlexiPay & lowered their (generally rather on the high side) prices just a little - then QVC might find themselves struggling somewhat!

That's it, I'm done waffling now......! :mysmilie_11:
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

May be Dawn has something written into her contract to say that she is and always will be the main crafting person.

Lets face it, she approached them, who's to say that as her popularity grew she raised the issue.

After all she's a pretty astute business woman.

Post Thanks / Like

How come we never see Nancy Hill (DCWV) or the lady from K and co (whose name I've momentarily forgot) anymore? It makes a lovely change to see someone different from Dawn and (yawn) Amy. I also wish they would give Rosemary Merry a regular slot, she makes much more modern and fresh stuff than the usual drivel the other two churn out. (Just my opinion of course).

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree with previous posters. I used to watch the craft shows or record them. I never do either now, just go online if I think about it. I still spend on craft but mostly elsewhere unless I pick up on items mentioned on this forum so you should be getting commission from QVC. It is about time more guests appeared and they were allowed to say and do more than currently. After a recent revival Rosemary Merry has not been seen or given the opportunity to give us some variety. C&C is being watched instead of QVC.

Post Thanks / Like

Dawn's husband used to take care of the qvc side of the business ( he mentioned that at a show) but now he has gone so wonder who deals with all that side of the business ? Leonie gone and a fair few companies who used to sell exclusive kits like HOTP and Docrafts, I still think they desperately need new resources. Did C&C come up with a better deal for these companies or did they see that after the U.S pulled the plug thought it better to leave a sinking ship? But as Kitten said earlier they won't change because they don't have to! They have the backing from the U.S and if craft sales drop they'll make it up on something else! Agree wholeheartedly about crafters buy on impulse and want not need factor even though I always convince myself that I do really need it..... mmmmm!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think SCW helps them a lot in finding stuff for us to buy I wonder how much they would loose out if he stopped?
    Rise From The Ashes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    I think SCW helps them a lot in finding stuff for us to buy I wonder how much they would loose out if he stopped?
    They'd certainly lose out from me Lee, as most of my recent 'craft purchases' (& I have to admit to quite a few of these to be fair! lol) have been things picked up from Ian's 'Bargains' thread etc., mostly stuff from Last Clicks & so on!
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

I do the bargains as well, the p&p for the Alix scrap book isn't too bad when its been reduced by £20!
    Rise From The Ashes