Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look what I made

Post Thanks / Like

That's gorgeous Angela.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely design Angela.

I made a couple of candles last Christmas using the same method after seeing BananaFrog Beverly demo it on C&C. I used alpha stamps to personalise them & the recipients (my B&SIL & my parents) were very touched. Got candles & tissue paper from Wilkinsons making it very inexpensive.
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the instructions and the link Angela

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm 99% sure that you can burn it as normal, watch this space I shall burn it soon for research purpose, lol thanks for your lovely comments ladies, thought I'd share as christmas can be an expensive time.
    http://simbablogspot.blogspot.com

hopefully this will link to my blog!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angela View Post
    Hi I'm 99% sure that you can burn it as normal, watch this space I shall burn it soon for research purpose, lol thanks for your lovely comments ladies, thought I'd share as christmas can be an expensive time.
    Eek, no don't Angie, you'll spoil it.......wish I hadn't asked now, I was not suggesting anyone who received such a lovely gift would want to burn it, I was just curious to know if one could........! :blush:

It's very clever though, a fab gift idea from a 1 quid candle too! I suppose you could do the same technique with scented ones too, right?
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

I presume so KWC,

Post Thanks / Like

I a so impressed by your candle Angela.

By coincidence, I decided to try making one myself today. Watched several Youtube vids where they used waxed paper ( like the bag inside a cornflakes packet used to be). I had a candle and the tissue paper and went to Tesco then Asda to look for the waxed paper. No luck..... only greaseproof. I had assumed that the layer of wax on the paper was a vital ingredient. You mentioned greaseproof....... so does that mean that I could have bought the stuff off the shelves??? I would be realy grateful if you, or anyone else, could advise.

www.creativityoutlet.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holliecraft View Post
    I a so impressed by your candle Angela.

By coincidence, I decided to try making one myself today. Watched several Youtube vids where they used waxed paper ( like the bag inside a cornflakes packet used to be). I had a candle and the tissue paper and went to Tesco then Asda to look for the waxed paper. No luck..... only greaseproof. I had assumed that the layer of wax on the paper was a vital ingredient. You mentioned greaseproof....... so does that mean that I could have bought the stuff off the shelves??? I would be realy grateful if you, or anyone else, could advise.

www.creativityoutlet.blogspot.com
    I used ordinary greaseproof paper with no probs HC
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

yeah cheap as chips greaseproof from £1 shop. basically it acts as a handle so you can hold the candle without burning your fingers, it doesn't have any properties useful for the whole process other than being none stick, hope this helps x

Post Thanks / Like

It's lovely Angie. You should send a photo of it to the magazine.
    My Crafty Little Blog - Lots of Claritystamp.