Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: non die cut!

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sheilaj View Post
    Rofl loobs, that's told me (creeps away humbled)
    I am so pleased Sheila, thought I was gonna have to get my correctional ruler out and sort out the back of your hand....

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Ouch - I bet that hurts!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suban View Post
    Oh Ouch - I bet that hurts!
    not as much as dragging up an old thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I just posted in the Decopatch thread before I saw this one lol

how about
    die cut stuff : Pop and stick
    step by step sheets : 3D Cut & Layering
    Duplicate prints : 3D Decoupage
    Single : Decoupage

The die cuts have their place, but I was so disappointed on recent visits to local craft shops to find these sheets had replaced all the others. There is no fun in popping out pre-cut shapes for me personally , and the comments on tv shows that you couldn't cut shapes like this by hand are just annoying, as skilled crafters have been doing exactly that for centuries.
    Last edited by Ejay; 05-04-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Ejay I love cutting out, thanks to Joanna Sheen at least I have something to cut out. I always trim die cut decoupage
    (except Reddy) as there are always white lines.

craftycat Guest

I agree too Ejay. I love cutting out either from preprinted sheets or from CD printoffs. It isn't really difficult to cut out a complicated design, just takes a bit of time and patience. And practice makes perfect of course.

First decoupage card I ever saw was a bunch of forget me nots. Full size flowers and the top layer was done with individual flowers. Absolutely beautiful. I keep on changing my mind about diecut pictures. Some are good, especially the Dutch brands but most need an awful lot extra work to make them look decent.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay then ....how about just simple 'cut-it-out' decoupage? then you know exactly what you are buying....and Henrietta, so sorry about your eye infection.....was it a stye? Have you heard of Golden eye ointment? if so, apologies, if not....it is really excellent for styes and if it was conjuctivitis you must get antibiotic for this from doctor...sounds like I am a know it all but have suffered with eye problems my whole life...so excuse my know-it -allness. x