Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the subject of non-die cut...

Post Thanks / Like

Wishing I'd bought the stamps as well. Especially as I realised I'd also bought Happy Hoppers and Gruffies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette View Post
    Welly, I really struggled cutting out all 20 sheets of christmas house mouse. They were intense!! They look amazing when finished but it has put me off ever buying them again
    I won't be doing all 20, no fear on that score. They're deceptive little beggers - good job it's quality paperstock though. It's just I was casting about for ideas for cards for the kids to send to grandparents & there they were, all reduced...And when they arrived yesterday, I couldn't resist getting started! Ow my poor aching fingers LOL They'd better look good when assembled!
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

oo Welly that's fab cutting, I love, love cutting out - I should offer a service, however, I cut out the House Mouse Christmas Gingerbread cottage at the weekend and that took me a long time! I do all the inside bit whilst the sheet is intact, the mice tails are a nightmare!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rentochops View Post
    oo Welly that's fab cutting, I love, love cutting out - I should offer a service, however, I cut out the House Mouse Christmas Gingerbread cottage at the weekend and that took me a long time! I do all the inside bit whilst the sheet is intact, the mice tails are a nightmare!!
    Yup, I do the fiddly inside bits first too - & usually start with what is the 'top' layer first cos it's usually the smallest & most delicate; if I do it first I have lots of 'spare' paper round the edges to manipulate the image with IYSWIM. How do you keep the tails intact on the card BTW? I'm seriously considering lopping them off so they just show on the base image, otherwise I think they'll look like they have multiple tails as it must be all but impossible to layer them together
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

I must confess to chopping off quite a few tails!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have some really wee foam pads which I cut to be very narrow and use them; or just leave them dangling with no support

craftycat Guest

I would never take on the whole pack of Housemouse either. Just one or two at a time. And yes, my poor meeces lose their tails too. I found the same as Welly, tended to look like multiple tails.

When it comes to sticking down unavoidable small bits, I use the teeniest amount of silicone glue, "apply" with a cocktail stick. Much easier to manage

Post Thanks / Like

You all had me wondering what happened to all the spare tails now lying around! Worse than the farmer's wife in three blind mice! Mind I think I lost a ouple of carrots when cutting out the happy hoppers Christmas Tree decoupage.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got all the House Mouse decoupage too, have cut out a few but they are very deceptive, when you first look at them they look like they are going to be easy to cut out but once you start cutting you realise how many fiddly bits there are, I find it very satisfying to cut out and make up fiddly decoupage but it takes me hours and hours to do, the old eyesight is not so good these days so it's more luck than judgement that it's cut out properly. I have to confess to buying some Reddy die cut decoupage from Crafters Companion during their birthday week when it was on special offer, it's so well cut, I normally steer clear of die cut because I usually end up cutting it again to get rid of all the white edges so feel it's a waste of money paying extra for die cut when I end up cutting it again anyway.
    "Many will walk in and out of your life,
    But only true friends will leave paw prints in your heart."

Those who believe a dog has no soul have never looked in the eyes of a German Shepherd.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree that Reddy is very well made. I hate badly cut die-cuts! Worse than chopping off bits on standard decoupage.
    Last edited by suban; 05-11-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Trypos, and hit wrong button - oops!