Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7am Tuesday 16th New Glenda Pre Record

Post Thanks / Like

Whoops! I thought hubby was arriving home and rushed to finish the post before logging off. It is of course £2.90 P&P but I always love the way they try to make out they are doing the customers a favour when they charge 'just' £2.90 for a CD coz stuffing it in a jiffy bag costs them so much money. It just amazes me that they have a normal flat postage of everything under a tenner of £3.90 and up to £20 it's £4.90.
    Nobody can teach you how to make the perfect cup of tea. It just happens over time. Wearing cashmere helps, of course. - Jill Dupleix

Post Thanks / Like

I am always befuddled by the p&p charges for both C&C & QVC...I returned an item to QVC a few months back for which I was charged £4odd p&p apparently based on 2nd class RM postage. Cost me £2odd to return it by the same method. Wot's that about then
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
    I am always befuddled by the p&p charges for both C&C & QVC...I returned an item to QVC a few months back for which I was charged £4odd p&p apparently based on 2nd class RM postage. Cost me £2odd to return it by the same method. Wot's that about then
    Dips (being and accountant) could probably explain in detail about apportionment, but basically p&p probably includes not only the cost of those padded bags/heavy duty polythene bags etc, but also a contribution towards picking costs and warehousing costs ;)

Mind you it would be simpler if they just included that in the cost of the item. However I never sweat shipping charges - I simply add them to the item price and then say to myself OK total cost to me if I want this item is .... and then I decided if I still think it's a good buy or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phree View Post
    - I simply add them to the item price and then say to myself OK total cost to me if I want this item is .... and then I decided if I still think it's a good buy or not.
    Thats exactly what I do! ;)

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know when the next free p n p day is? :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phree View Post
    However I never sweat shipping charges - I simply add them to the item price and then say to myself OK total cost to me if I want this item is .... and then I decided if I still think it's a good buy or not.
    Oh god yeah - wouldn't dream of not doing. Always annoys me when the presenters for either channel try to tell you how much you're paying for each element without including the p&p - cos it's not like you can't pay that is it? Especially on QVC where there's no capping...

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowwand View Post
    does anyone know when the next free p n p day is? :D
    At a guess, maybe this weekend - the Sky EPG appears to be indicating 3days of Craft....again...
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

If you missed the first airing of the new Glimmer Mist show, then tune in today at 2pm - which is a bit more of a civilised time of day ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Really enjoyed the show today - some lovely samples, really loved the stamp sets, but can't justify the expense for just 1 month a year use. I try and get them if I can on Ebay. Does anyone know which pencils Glenda uses in her shows. Also are there any cheaper spray inks about?:)

Post Thanks / Like

You can make your own Glimmer Mist type sprays if you have mica pigment powders such as the cosmic shimmer ones or perfect pearls. Or you can use stuff like plain gold mica powder mixed into water and add a few drops of distress re-inker to give colour to the liquid. Not sure mind if this reallly works out any cheaper. Do remember to make sure you have shaken the mix thoroughly in your misting bottle before spritzing.