Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a stitched card

lolathelamb Guest

Default a stitched card

I had seen several kits on QVC that used metallic threads to create geometrical patterns and stencilled designs. I wasn't sure how such designs would work out for real but ordered a kit (from the clearance section on the website).

Here's my first effort, an anniversary card. However, rather like the TV, the true beauty of the threads and the layering of the stitching does not come across in this image. If you are considering this art, go for it. I really enjoyed the process - it was more involved than many cardmaking skills but definitely as therapeutic as they say on the telly!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a lovely card Lola! I've seen those metallic threads and they are gorgeous so imagine that the card twinkles and is even prettier in real life. I love the little heart designs, makes a great anniversary card.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW thats FAB Lola! I love stitching cards. Just can't seem to find the time lately though

Post Thanks / Like

That's a beautiful card, Lola. I love the colour scheme as well - really nice. Which kit was this from? Did you have to stitch through card or did you make holes first. Sorry for so many questions but I never thought I was interested in this type of thing till I saw your card.

Pam Guest

That's lovely lola, I enjoy stitching cards too. Really like the geometric look, I've never done any like that.

I always make the holes first Mrs D. You usually have a paper pattern (I always photocopy these so they last a long time). You stick the pattern to the card with low tack tape and make the holes with a pricking tool and you are ready to stitch.

Post Thanks / Like

love your card lola!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely card Lola

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely card :)

Post Thanks / Like

Great card :)

Post Thanks / Like

Great card lola, lots of work in that.